Wireless router

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

Wireless router

Post by Ger42 »

I have a 6 yr old Apple Airport extreme wireless router I want to replace any suggestions. Having connection issues , signal strength in some areas. I'd like to stay under $200
tector

Post by tector »

We went with a Google Wifi double, should be right at your price point. Easy as toast to set up and maintain.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

i've had this for over 3yrs and it still works perfectly, i
get wifi throughout the house (1900 sq ft). i didn't expect it to work
very good or last for $20 but i have been pleasantly
surprised. previously i always had Linksys.

TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router - 2 x 5dBi High Power Antennas, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N)

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Slartibartfast wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 pm i've had this for over 3yrs and it still works perfectly, i
get wifi throughout the house (1900 sq ft). i didn't expect it to work
very good or last for $20 but i have been pleasantly
surprised. previously i always had Linksys.

TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router - 2 x 5dBi High Power Antennas, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N)

Same one here. Works fine. House is 1880 ft., CBS. Get a little bit outside the door and the signal is about gone but, inside is fine. (Hmmm., may be a good thing, but I password protect, as well.)
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
gforester

Post by gforester »

I have been using a Netgear N300 wireless router for the last few years. It works flawlessly in my 2500 SF CB with brick veneer house. I can even connect from my CBS workshop that is about 50' away from the house in my backyard. I don't recall what I paid for it but it is available from Amazon for under $30.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

Mine is a D-Link DIR-601. It's worked perfectly for 5 years now, with no setup required. I've never tried to run more than three wifi connections through it at one time. The metal siding doesn't block the signal when I'm using a device out back, under the shade tree.

It came with a CD full of software, including an online utility so the manufacturer can configure it for me. I've never bothered to run any of the software. I think I paid around $35 for it at Office Depot.
Allme

Post by Allme »

I have an extra Linksys WRT1900AC, in the box w/papers. I set up a network with it but the customer never paid me for it, too late to send it back so.. You get the idea. It has all the bells and whistles. Shoot me an $80 money order and I'll ship it to you.

macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

Ger42 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 amHaving connection issues , signal strength in some areas.
Two words: mesh router. They work much better than an older-style router combined with an access point (i.e. range extender).
tector

Post by tector »

macattack321 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 am
Ger42 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 amHaving connection issues , signal strength in some areas.
Two words: mesh router. They work much better than an older-style router combined with an access point (i.e. range extender).
Never going back.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The Netgear Nighthawk wireless AC line is right at $200...Amazon had them on sale for $150 over the holidays.