Buying at PSA?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

It’s not just PSA! They’ve been talking about this (internet sales and states losing tax $$) for a while!
cvo

Post by cvo »

GunsandHoses wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 am It’s not just PSA! They’ve been talking about this (internet sales and states losing tax $$) for a while!
PSA is the only one that has turned over database that I know of.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Citizens are required to pay a use tax on outside of state purchases and are self reporting.
A company has to have a sales tax nexus in that state to require them to collect sales tax on in state resident purchases.

If a company has no sales tax nexus in the state, it has zero requirement to obey anything the state of Florida requests.

However depending on the size of the company, Florida dept of revenue may threaten a law suit to turn over sold merchandise records in the state. Its up to the company if they want to fight or give in to prevent attorneys costs.
Most will give up the information.

They have to feed the welfare state somehow.
cvo

Post by cvo »

Chigger wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:52 am

If a company has no sales tax nexus in the state, it has zero requirement to obey anything the state of Florida requests.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states can require internet retailers to collect sales taxes, even if the merchant doesn't have a physical presence there.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/21/heres-w ... r-you.html
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I'm not a fan of PSA. They turn out cheap products for cheap people who think they're quality. I have one of their ARs for plinking but people get delusional about how good they really are.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Can't speak about their self made products, but S&W Shields for $200+ less than BPS ain't nuthin to sneeze about!
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

What remains to be seen is how states will interpret the court decision and whether they will apply a threshold that might exempt smaller merchants from having to report and collect sales taxes.
Not an absolute despite scotus ruling, pretty much like most laws, enforcement can be arbitrary from state to state.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

:lol: first time I've ever seen a post of someone wanting to pay taxes for online purchases. The only time I've ever paid taxes is if the company I'm buying from has a store front in florida. Like a few of my online cigar stores or APEX gold which I only made that mistake once.

But other than that it's unenforceable to force an out of state company to do another state to collect taxes for them. Pretty much do that states bookkeeping for them. Unless that business has a state tax ID number and and physical location they are not required to collect and pay state sales taxes in that state.

Could you just imagine the amount of bookkeeping it would involve to track each sale for every state. Then notify each state of all the sales that were shipped to each state. It would bankrupt a business in accounting alone.

It amazes me just how greedy some states are because they are hurting so badly because they are over taxing people so much they are losing residences/revenue. Because they have had enough and leaving those states. Plus buying products online because of the over taxation in those states.

Screw them, if a business is not licensed to do business in that state. In other words they do not have a physical address there. They can't force them to do jack.

I just bought some stuff from out of country. What are they going to do there. Threaten them to . :shock: :twisted: :lol: greedy pos.

One state can not force another state to do anything. One state can not ENFORCE their tax code on another state.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
cvo

Post by cvo »

According to the PSA website they collect sales tax on 25 states.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 pm
I just bought some stuff from out of country. What are they going to do there. Threaten them to . :shock: :twisted: :lol: greedy pos
That’s what US Customs is for. To tax items imported into the USA from other countries. The percentage of duty depends on the item imported. GARY