If Open carry Became Legal Tomorrow...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

SteyrAUG wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:49 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:34 am Both these incidents happened in relatively "nice" areas. The cesspool aka SoFla would have these stories daily.
You either seem vulnerable or you don't. If you seem vulnerable they will fuck with you, even if you have a gun. If you aren't carrying with the willingness to use it, better leave it at home.
As I said previously "geezers, women & tacti-boys" = vulnerable. Leave it at home? They won't. I know many CCW holders who have no business owning a gun, let alone carrying one. These are the folks who will be the victims of "smash & grab".
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:02 pm
SteyrAUG wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:49 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:34 am Both these incidents happened in relatively "nice" areas. The cesspool aka SoFla would have these stories daily.
You either seem vulnerable or you don't. If you seem vulnerable they will fuck with you, even if you have a gun. If you aren't carrying with the willingness to use it, better leave it at home.
As I said previously "geezers, women & tacti-boys" = vulnerable. Leave it at home? They won't. I know many CCW holders who have no business owning a gun, let alone carrying one. These are the folks who will be the victims of "smash & grab".
Every group has a doofus crowd. My wife used to manage a property that had two Federal agencies as tenants. An employee from a day care service in the same building found a Glock on the kitchen counter in one of the common female restrooms. Turns out it belonged to a "trained" federal agent and "she forgot."

Never really did learn why she unholstered and put it on the counter to begin with. If I go into a stall it comes with me and I thought that would be pretty SOP for everyone. And to the best of my knowledge she didn't get fired, reprimanded or anything like that. Just an "ooopsie" moment with a loaded firearm. And yes it is possible that anyone, including the kids in the day care could have used that bathroom and discovered the same firearm.
tector

Post by tector »

Forget it. The dithering old ladies that all too common among Florida gun owners (many of whom are transplants from commie states) want freedom from choice, for everybody.

Any wonder why our great "Republican" legislature (and governor) felt they could just stomp us last session? Read the comments here.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
george_995

Post by george_995 »

I sure would, but open carrying whilst walking/hiking with my dog and family. Also bike riding and etc, while bike riding I'm thinking a thigh holster would be good, as long it has multiple retention features.

I dont think I would open carry too too much around town though, not one to show off or try and scare meth zombies at wal-mart. lol
Member since 2009
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:20 pm Forget it. The dithering old ladies that all too common among Florida gun owners (many of whom are transplants from commie states) want freedom from choice, for everybody.
I support open-carry. I would open-carry. I'd vote for open-carry. I DO open-carry (in another state).

My only point/comment was: Folks (specific to the trash-dump that is SoFLA) will start getting robbed of their guns if open carry becomes "legal".

That's all. :roll:
tector

Post by tector »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:51 am
tector wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:20 pm Forget it. The dithering old ladies that all too common among Florida gun owners (many of whom are transplants from commie states) want freedom from choice, for everybody.
I support open-carry. I would open-carry. I'd vote for open-carry. I DO open-carry (in another state).

My only point/comment was: Folks (specific to the trash-dump that is SoFLA) will start getting robbed of their guns if open carry becomes "legal".

Well, Mike, you are not the only person in this thread, but glad to hear you are not a dithering old lady, just an alarmist. Congratulations, you appear to be ahead of at least half of FSN.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

-+

Are cops or anyone else carrying openly being robbed of their guns today? Is that happening regularly in any state that allows open carry?

No? As I said you'd have to be nuts to attack anyone carrying, open or concealed, assuming you knew. There are some who are nuts, but sane criminals will stay away no matter how much they'd like that gun.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:27 am

Well, Mike, you are not the only person in this thread, but glad to hear you are not a dithering old lady, just an alarmist.
Time will tell (if we ever get O.C.).
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

jjk308 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:38 am

-+

Are cops or anyone else carrying openly being robbed of their guns today? Is that happening regularly in any state that allows open carry?

No? As I said you'd have to be nuts to attack anyone carrying, open or concealed, assuming you knew. There are some who are nuts, but sane criminals will stay away no matter how much they'd like that gun.
Cops are typically not geezers, women or tacti-boys and the typical thug isn't going to mess with someone who can call in the cavalry (and arrest them).

Are people getting their guns robbed in other states? Yes, but it's rare. I'm not commenting on "other states", but the cesspool Third-World "melting pot" of SoFla (Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach). It's different here. :|
tector

Post by tector »

Getting really tired of transplants and carpetbaggers telling us why Floridians are not entitled to their full panoply of rights. If people are so much "better" elsewhere, go the fuck back. We survived before you and will do so long after you are gone.

You guys really don't seem to appreciate how condescending and insulting you sound to those of us who were born here. Or maybe you do, in which case fuck you sideways.