If Open carry Became Legal Tomorrow...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TampaShooters

Post by TampaShooters »

Nope. Concealed for me. I support open carry, but think it draws too much attention.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:26 pm If people are so much "better" elsewhere, go the fuck back.
Aww, hell no. Where I come from, I'm only a "4" at best (a "5" if I bathe and comb my hair). In SoFla, I'm a solid "10"!

Same on the intelligence scale. My home state is chock full of college grads, rocket engineers, scientists, programmers, etc., etc. There, I was an Average-Joe booger-eater. In SoFla, I'm an f'ing genius! :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

I would open-carry at times and I would concealed at other. When I'd open-carry, I'd want to use a holster with retention systems. I would vote vote open carry, although I do believe that it should be the way around. Open-carry is constitutional in my mind.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

tector wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:26 pm Getting really tired of transplants and carpetbaggers telling us why Floridians are not entitled to their full panoply of rights. If people are so much "better" elsewhere, go the fuck back. We survived before you and will do so long after you are gone.

You guys really don't seem to appreciate how condescending and insulting you sound to those of us who were born here. Or maybe you do, in which case fuck you sideways.
Damn I was born in NJ. I get insulted by the condescending carpetbaggers saying how this and that ought to be against the law. Sounds too much like Disney management.
tector

Post by tector »

Disney is the prime mover against open carry, along with the Florida Retail Federation.

When you realize that most states have open carry, including states that host such charming ganged-up crime hubs such as Detroit, Memphis, Houston, Atlanta and Albuquerque, you realize that these issues will find their own equilibrium. Will some people carry openly inappropriately? Yes. Just as some people who legally qualify to own guns shouldn't, or those who get concealed carry licenses act irresponsibly, so too will a few idiots open carry clownishly--so what? The asinine behavior of a George Zimmerman should not dictate the rights of the rest of us. That is gun grabber logic.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^^^^Well stated
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

tector wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:26 pm Getting really tired of transplants and carpetbaggers telling us why Floridians are not entitled to their full panoply of rights. If people are so much "better" elsewhere, go the fuck back. We survived before you and will do so long after you are gone.

You guys really don't seem to appreciate how condescending and insulting you sound to those of us who were born here. Or maybe you do, in which case fuck you sideways.
I agree with everything he says.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:59 am Disney is the prime mover against open carry, along with the Florida Retail Federation.

When you realize that most states have open carry, including states that host such charming ganged-up crime hubs such as Detroit, Memphis, Houston, Atlanta and Albuquerque, you realize that these issues will find their own equilibrium. Will some people carry openly inappropriately? Yes. Just as some people who legally qualify to own guns shouldn't, or those who get concealed carry licenses act irresponsibly, so too will a few idiots open carry clownishly--so what? The asinine behavior of a George Zimmerman should not dictate the rights of the rest of us. That is gun grabber logic.
And Disney and retail stores can choose to simply post "No Firearms" signs. Pretty sure Disney already has them.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TC6969 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am I know the "HEY! EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME!" crowd would be all over it, but how many of you would actually strap one on and go out in public?
I would... easier to dress.
My gun channel - New Wave Firearms
FL Director & National Spokeman for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA at discount
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Miami_JBT wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:41 pm
TC6969 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am I know the "HEY! EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME!" crowd would be all over it, but how many of you would actually strap one on and go out in public?
I would... easier to dress.
When I started this thread, I expected a bunch of DWs trying to out DW each other.

I was pleasantly surprised!