How is this NOT racists?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

mikem wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:11 pm
n0rlf wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:39 pm So you judge the board by two people's rants?
no -- i judge the board by the silence that followed them.
And should we have all jumped on them? Stop being offended by everything. Expressing one's beliefs is an right. Even if that opinion is considered wrong by many.

I think we all see things as we are programed. Just ignore it and move on. Do not lend an ear to it. I think it better it was just ignored rather than more piling on or causing more discontent.
mikem

Post by mikem »

n0rlf wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:22 pm
n0rlf wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:39 pm So you judge the board by two people's rants?
And should we have all jumped on them? Stop being offended by everything. Expressing one's beliefs is an right. Even if that opinion is considered wrong by many.
So why are you bothering me in this thread? If you're suggesting that I shut up when something bothers me, why don't you shut up now?

I think the times we choose to be silent are as revealing as the times we choose to speak. Your behavior is an example of just that.
please lock/delete this account.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

mikem wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:28 pm
So why are you bothering me in this thread? If you're suggesting that I shut up when something bothers me, why don't you shut up now?

I think the times we choose to be silent are as revealing as the times we choose to speak. Your behavior is an example of just that.
Did I say for you to shut up? Nope, and that is the point. You jumped to feeling slighted and offended right away again when someone spoke of a different opinion. That is my point. I did say stop being offended by everything. Feel free to disagree though That can be done without being offended. Adults do that everyday. Labeling that which offended you is nothing more than a way to distract from the real issues. That is what we see all the time from the media And other groups.

Parsonage i think it is distraction technique so they do not have to deal with the task root causes. Racism and discrimination are words used way to often to mask real causes.

That is just my humble opinion and of course worth whatever weight anyone cares to give it. You included. See i am being inclusive. Lol
Allme

Post by Allme »

mikem wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:12 am
Taco wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:56 am It's exclusionary, but I wouldn't go as far as racist...

But I think the mention of race has distracted from the big picture here... Who do we have here on this board? We had a single black member 12 years ago, we had half a dozen Hispanic members, we had a dozen women. I think they're all long gone- maybe some still lurk. Just old white men here now.
I'm a black "member". I can say that part of the reason you don't see many of us here is because of actual racist/anti-black sentiment expressed here and other forums. There's a definite streak of racism and anti-blackness in the gun community and places like this are hostile to our presence. I'm sure someone will argue against this because, of course, as a black person I don't know what I'm talking about.
Could you please point to a racist post on FSN as I would like to see what qualifies as racist in your view. Thank you. :)
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

Allme wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:15 am
mikem wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:12 am
Taco wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:56 am It's exclusionary, but I wouldn't go as far as racist...

But I think the mention of race has distracted from the big picture here... Who do we have here on this board? We had a single black member 12 years ago, we had half a dozen Hispanic members, we had a dozen women. I think they're all long gone- maybe some still lurk. Just old white men here now.
I'm a black "member". I can say that part of the reason you don't see many of us here is because of actual racist/anti-black sentiment expressed here and other forums. There's a definite streak of racism and anti-blackness in the gun community and places like this are hostile to our presence. I'm sure someone will argue against this because, of course, as a black person I don't know what I'm talking about.
Could you please point to a racist post on FSN as I would like to see what qualifies as racist in your view. Thank you. :)
Does this count?

by ABOC
Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 am
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: This is just sad right here shooting of unarmed black man
Replies: 41
Views: 4824
Re: This is just sad right here shooting of unarmed black man
... bet that my heuristics as delivered in the first two sentences will prove to be more accurate than anything you have read about this case in the Jew York Swine... I meant the New York Times.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

hotspur wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:00 pm Does this count?

by ABOC
Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 am
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: This is just sad right here shooting of unarmed black man
Replies: 41
Views: 4824
Re: This is just sad right here shooting of unarmed black man
... bet that my heuristics as delivered in the first two sentences will prove to be more accurate than anything you have read about this case in the Jew York Swine... I meant the New York Times.
Nope. The Jews (proudly) call New York "Jew York".

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

mikem wrote:

Mike—
Have you ever read Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell, two prominent black university professors who independently state, and I’m paraphrasing here, that before the black community can gain ground in their battle with racism (actual or perceived) in the United States, they must first address the cultural issues unique to the black community itself?
If you demand to know what those issues are, then you’ll have to look up professors Sowell and Williams’s articles and books online. In fact, everyone in America would be better informed of the core failures of government to address inequality in the U.S. by reading these men’s works.
R/Griff
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Include Larry Elder, too

https://larryelder.com/
Taco

Post by Taco »

I think I explained the OPs question... Can we lock this thread instead of making it a referendum on how much Mike can take before he quits?

Seriously, my words were chosen for a reason, because I thought we were only white men left. Ends up I painted slightly too broadly,
while we have lost most- we have a couple of 'others' still around.

If the new question is how is the board racist, it is a harder question. The previously referenced post is clearly anti-semitic, if the sentiment wasn't negative it wouldn't have been included. There are dozens of blatantly anti-Muslim threads. There are dozens of anti-gay threads. It's easy to point out those, people are open about that, it's harder to point out the anti-black stuff... I don't see many cross burnings advertisements in the meet-ups. Even when I bring up a gun related incident- Brianna Taylor, who died because her boyfriend sent lead down range after her door was kicked in- I end up with a that's not important response. A couple years ago when the black mother from PA missed her exit and crossed into NJ, got pulled over on the U-turn, declared her gun to the officer and was arrested and threatened with 100 years until the NRA stepped in to help- she gave speeches saying she didn't understand why old white men cared about her... it speaks volumes about the gun community. All I saw was a person who was wronged for being one of us, and she saw herself as not one of us. I don't see any active recruitment into our gun community of people who aren't older white men- with the possibleexceptionof an occasional FFA event- for shotgun shooting with young white men.. We need us, the gun community, to not be defined by race, sex, age, religion, language, creed or a dozen easy descriptors to define and discount our importance.

If we want want to start a serious conversation about the problems within the black community, I guess we can do that. Seems like an odd choice for a place that can't keep black gun owners... but Ok... I would recommend reading Stamped from the beginning by Dr. Ibram Kindi. It does get a bit pro nanny state, and anti gun (It goes full on into how the Klan helped instrument the initial gun control measures with the express intention of disarming blacks), but it does a great job of discussing how we ended up where we are as a country. If you get though that and want to know more, let me know and I can give you some additional recommendations.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

There’s a culture war raging in the U.S. and Uncle Sam has been stirring the melting pot.
The cult of multiculturalism and the demagogues of diversity have failed to unify the nation. There are too many groups fighting for control of our government in D.C..
Anybody with any sense at all could have seen this coming: we need to separate all the hostile actors—by choice or by force, if necessary—and return primacy to the individual states. Or do those things in the reverse order, even better.
The states need to take back control of their destinies from the failed central government. Only then can progress—social, economic, political—be made.