Looks like Charlie the Flipper is running for governor

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

P5 Guy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:28 am Can Crist run for both governor and US house at the same election?
Though it's technically possible to run simultaneously (if it's allowed in your state), it's only realistically done when you have a lock on your current seat. For instance, in 1988, Lloyd Bentsen was running for VP with Dukakis and also running to keep his Senate seat, but he'd been in it so long and had no real opposition that he easily won the seat even as he and Dukakis lost the national election, thus he was able to stay in government. It's usually easier than that for senators to run for other offices since they have a two in three shot of not having to run for re-election that cycle Bentsen just had the timing working against him. Representatives have to be re-elected every cycle which makes it a bit harder for them. Still, I'm sure others have done it since, though I can't think of any off-hand.

Crist is in a different situation. He just barely won his House seat and was likely to face a tough re-election match though he'd likely would have had an advantage. If he was busy running for Governor, it would easily be used against him by his House opponent. Basically, he'd need to focus on a single race or face the humiliation of losing two elections at once, which would likely end his political career.
My posts kill threads.
Obiwan

Post by Obiwan »

I saw a news clip of his speech. He's pushing for "enhanced background checks" and bans of "assault weapons" (his words). Bottom line is that he's for everything we don't want!
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Obiwan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm I saw a news clip of his speech. He's pushing for "enhanced background checks" and bans of "assault weapons" (his words). Bottom line is that he's for everything we don't want!
Yeah, and this is the guy that (back when he was a Republican) used to actually go to gun shows to campaign. Like I said, he's an opportunist.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

cvasqu03 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:54 pm
Obiwan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm I saw a news clip of his speech. He's pushing for "enhanced background checks" and bans of "assault weapons" (his words). Bottom line is that he's for everything we don't want!
Yeah, and this is the guy that (back when he was a Republican) used to actually go to gun shows to campaign. Like I said, he's an opportunist.
Yep, saw him at the Lakeland Gun Show way back when it was actually worth a damn.

Good ol' Charlie Crisco....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

tector wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:36 am
cvasqu03 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:54 pm
Yep, saw him at the Lakeland Gun Show way back when it was actually worth a damn.

Good ol' Charlie Crisco....
Yeah, funny thing is back then he had a full beard for a while, and his hair was always completely white even twenty years ago.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

Likes the "daddy" role....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

F*ck Charlie Crist. I hope he gets crucified by his own party.
I wish all those bastards would retire instead of clogging up the plumbing. Decades of living off the public teat is why we get so many psychopath sons-of-bitches in positions of power.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:52 am .... Decades of living off the public teat is why we get so many psychopath sons-of-bitches in positions of power.
You're not wrong at all.