More Teeth For Pre-emption

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

More Teeth For Pre-emption

Post by P5 Guy »

TACC

Post by TACC »

Ok let's put it in layman's terms

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

It says that if a local authority has a written or unwritten regulation or policy that violates the state's 2A preemption law, any person or organization that is affected by said rule can sue the local authority for up to $100k. If the local authority changes the rule voluntarily after suit has been filed, then the plaintiff wins by default.

Be interesting to see this tried against sheriff's offices such as Pinellas county, where they refuse to sign for anything that needs a tax stamp.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The tax stamp stuff is federal. So, nothing the state can do.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

I thought the Sheriff no longer has to sign but has to get a copy of paperwork sent in on NFA stuff.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

After checking into it, you are correct Augdawg. Been 10 years since my last NFA purchase, and I didn't notice that the rules had changed under obama. Guess my next one will be in my own name now that trusts have to provide all the extra paperwork. Thanks for the info fellow AUG shooter 8-)
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

No problem. Good Luck.
Casual

Post by Casual »

jr81452 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:49 pm After checking into it, you are correct Augdawg. Been 10 years since my last NFA purchase, and I didn't notice that the rules had changed under obama. Guess my next one will be in my own name now that trusts have to provide all the extra paperwork. Thanks for the info fellow AUG shooter 8-)
I order sbr and silencers from silencer shop on my phone in the comfort of my couch... welcome to the 2020s
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

REDinFL wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:24 pm The tax stamp stuff is federal. So, nothing the state can do.
So is Marijuana laws, yet states all across the country have given the bird to DC.

If enough states pass firearm freedom acts and tell the Federal Government that they don't give two damns about the NFA. Then the NFA is useless. Laws only have teeth with the majority choose to abide and follow it.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Miami_JBT wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:45 am So is Marijuana laws, yet states all across the country have given the bird to DC.

If enough states pass firearm freedom acts and tell the Federal Government that they don't give two damns about the NFA. Then the NFA is useless. Laws only have teeth with the majority choose to abide and follow it.
Straight up fact there