Sept 2021 BATF SHOWDOWN ON AR PISTOL BRACES

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Underwater223556

Sept 2021 BATF SHOWDOWN ON AR PISTOL BRACES

Post by Underwater223556 »

Last I heard this Sept 2021 BATF is pushing for reclassifying AR pistols with Braces to SBR and you will have to register them and pay them the $200 tax, any opinions on the status. I see more and more Ar pistols for sale on various sites.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

There are many details to be worked out. One is if you already had the brace, there will be no $200 fee for the stamp. So we really need to wait until all the details are worked out. Me, personally I think people should continue to buy AR pistols but without the brace like so many thousands did before the brace loophole was created. Since the tube is necessary for the function of an AR, there never was a rule saying you can’t shoulder the tube. I’m interested in if one has an AR pistol with a blade, & it’s all the way forward, so if it’s shouldered, it’s still the back of the tube resting against the shoulder. Will that be illegal according to ATF form 4999? GARY
Allme

Post by Allme »

I think this is f*cking retarded and shouldn't be given a chance to gain momentum and should be ignored. The ONLY ones that are ok with this are the FUDDs and liberals, FUDDs being more dangerous to the 2A than the liberals IMHO. They won't be happy until we have to register our sharp sticks with them. Too many folks who claim to be AMERICAN who really aren't. Just my $.02.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

https://www.gunowners.org/na06102021/

Please sign the GOA letter showing your support for ATF WITHDRAWING the proposed stabilizing brace measures! Every voice needs to be heard! Numbers matter!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Interestingly, that's about the time chipman will be confirmed. With the resident potato and the senatesleazes, he'll be a walk-in; he's already made it past the judiciary committee. atf will have heyday making rules.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.