August 6th and 8th

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

August 6th and 8th

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/hi ... d=msedgntp
Mayor Kazumi Matsui urged world leaders to commit to nuclear disarmament as seriously as they tackle a pandemic that the international community recognizes as “threat to humanity.”
Maybe I've got a cold heart, but I'm glad my Dad didn't have to invade Japan.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

F*ck yeah, Nuke'em again! Truman was the last Democrat I could tolerate for that decision. He would be labeled a right wing Domestic Terrorist now.

The current best view of the Libitards:

Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

If the U.S. government thinks it’s okay to launch a preemptive nuclear strike on any country it wants under the rationale of national security, then one must logically accept every other nuclear-armed country has the same option for the same reason.
While the belligerent governments go into safe hiding, those outside the government (i.e., civilians, i.e., you) will be exposed to the ravages of nuclear warfare.
The greatest threat to American citizens is its own government, not China or Russia or Iran or etc., etc., ad infinitum.
R/Griff
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

It's sad we still have nukes.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

lakelandman wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm It's sad we still have nukes.
Please name one weapongenie other than Greek Fire that has ever been put back into the bottle.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Nuclear weapons have stifled the exponential growth of casualties on war to a average of one million per year. The reason being the major powers do not dare face each other directly on the battlefield. As conventional became more and more efficient, so did the casualties, 4 million a year in WWI, 10 million per year in WWII if you count it as starting in 1939.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

lakelandman wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm It's sad we still have nukes.
What's sad is we haven't used a couple in certain situations. :twisted:
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

lilwoody wrote:Nuclear weapons have stifled the exponential growth of casualties on war to a average of one million per year. The reason being the major powers do not dare face each other directly on the battlefield. As conventional became more and more efficient, so did the casualties, 4 million a year in WWI, 10 million per year in WWII if you count it as starting in 1939.
Know what else works even better?
A U.S. Congress that actually follows the directions for declaring war found in the U.S. Constitution.
Not a single legal war has been fought by the U.S. since 1941. Yet, millions of people have succumbed to our war machine loosed from its restrictive Congressional doctrine of civilian control. The Executive has successfully usurped the war-making powers of the Legislative, or, if you prefer it in more accurate terms, the Legislative has ceded power to the Executive, putting our entire nation at risk, effectively making the United States government itself the biggest threat to our national security.
R/Griff
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:49 am
lilwoody wrote:Nuclear weapons have stifled the exponential growth of casualties on war to a average of one million per year. The reason being the major powers do not dare face each other directly on the battlefield. As conventional became more and more efficient, so did the casualties, 4 million a year in WWI, 10 million per year in WWII if you count it as starting in 1939.
Know what else works even better?
A U.S. Congress that actually follows the directions for declaring war found in the U.S. Constitution.
Not a single legal war has been fought by the U.S. since 1941. Yet, millions of people have succumbed to our war machine loosed from its restrictive Congressional doctrine of civilian control. The Executive has successfully usurped the war-making powers of the Legislative, or, if you prefer it in more accurate terms, the Legislative has ceded power to the Executive, putting our entire nation at risk, effectively making the United States government itself the biggest threat to our national security.
R/Griff

I agree but my post is about the frightening stability Oppenheimer's gizmo has brought to the world. I'll add how it saved a million US casualties, 10 times that of Japanese and kept the Russians from turning a good portion of Japan into another vassal.
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

lilwoody wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:56 am As conventional became more and more efficient, so did the casualties, 4 million a year in WWI, 10 million per year in WWII if you count it as starting in 1939.
That doesn't include the tens of MILLIONS of civilians each lost to both Russia and China do to their communist regimes policy. Strangely this is largely overlooked by the media. All we ever hear about is the holocaust (which is terrible) but pails in comparision to the innocent deaths in Russia/China.