Florida gold/silver vendors

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Casual

Florida gold/silver vendors

Post by Casual »

As I am in Sarasota on the west coast.

Who has bullion silver and gold. Selling spot? Not interested in coin collecting.. or rare... just plain old alternative currency
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I buy gold. I do not know of anyone selling at spot. The least amt of mark up over spot are gold bars. 1 OZ bar has about 50.00 to 80.00 mark up over spot.

I've bought a lot from JM BULLION but it's been a few months. They did not charge me sell tax. Where as APMEX did because there are retail locations in Florida
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Worth the drive: The Silver Queen/Belleair Coin in Largo. High volume dealer, and the premium is about the same or less (depending what you buy) than online but without shipping cost. Sales tax exempt if you buy over $500. They also pay top dollar for scrap. I've been doing business with them for over 20 years:

https://www.goldsilversales.com/
Casual

Post by Casual »

Thanks, the sales tax exempt alone will be a huge savings
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Sale tax on bars but not coins?

I thought (and I know for a fact it used to be) no sale tax on gold/silver coins.

Did that change?

When?
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Wulfmann wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:50 am Sale tax on bars but not coins?

I thought (and I know for a fact it used to be) no sale tax on gold/silver coins.

Did that change?

When?
If it's legal US tender like US Mint bullion or old 90% coins, it's not sales taxable at all in Florida for any amount. If you purchase more than $500 worth at a time of other countries coins/bullion, it's not taxable at all. If you purchase under $500 at once it is. Weird, but that's how it is.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Call before you make a trip somewhere to make sure they have what you want, because demand is probably at an all time high right now.
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:24 pm Call before you make a trip somewhere to make sure they have what you want, because demand is probably at an all time high right now.
Seems like the wrong time to buy (FOMO), but with these fucking clowns in D.C. I can hardly blame anyone. I would recommend a little silver, too--easier for some smaller deals if we get to those times
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I've got a bunch of silver I need to melt down,anybody here have the tools/knowledge for doing such.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Casual

Post by Casual »

So I found a receipt of a gold purchase from my father.

He has purchased eagles, 12.5ozs total.
And given the date of purchase and sales total.
It looks like he paid 4.25% above spot or 60.22$ an oz at the time

Would 4.25% above spot still be OK for round or other bullion.. not necessarily coinage or eagles?