Florida Republican's Office chucks Constitutional Carry Petitions into Garbage

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

ss1 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:26 am I wage that if the Russian invasion of Ukraine doesn't overshadow the optics of this, in the next 24 hours, the snakes (Hammer, et al) will come out to spin this and say that it wasn't Brannan's aide that threw it in the trash but a staged attempt to make a pillar of the Republican party look bad. If you have any ongoing footage to cover the 20 minute gap up to the point of discovery of the trashed petitions, I'd keep it readily handy. Brannan's district covers Alachua and I'm sure UF academians (sadly I'm a Gator) aren't supporters of open carry legislation and I can't think of a bigger influence in Alachua.

Edited to add: Brannon's legislative aide is a dude named Staz Guntek. Cool name. Hope it wasn't him....
Won't work.... he admitted he threw it away in the video.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

...and the session just ended with nothing being done. No Constitutional Carry. No open carry. No anything pro-gun.

Sure glad we have a Florida Legislature dominated by Republicans! Be sure to vote for all of them again this fall!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

tector wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:11 pm ...and the session just ended with nothing being done. No Constitutional Carry. No open carry. No anything pro-gun.

Sure glad we have a Florida Legislature dominated by Republicans! Be sure to vote for all of them again this fall!
They're still better than the other side of the aisle. Just think of the shit show our state would have went through had the Tallahassee mayor been our governor. I'll take keeping my pistol under my shirt over what the progressive Democrats have waiting in the wings.
tector

Post by tector »

Congratulations on articulating the mindset that allows you to be indefinitely taken for granted by the Florida GOP. They appreciate it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Congratulations on the mindset that got us Joe Biden. Primary the existing politicians you don't agree with, lobby them, petition them with but voting across lines over this is throwing the baby, the tub, the pump and the sink out with the bath water.
tector

Post by tector »

Last I checked neither I nor the state of Florida voted for Joe Biden. But you keep getting all that success with gun legislation in Florida! Wave that success flag high!

Meanwhile, Ohio just signed their Constitutional Carry law into effect. I think that's #23 now. And we can't even get a vote. But hey, keep doing what you've been doing. I am sure you will be taken seriously by the Florida GOP one day.
tector

Post by tector »

Here's a proposal:

Gun organizations in Florida--serious ones, not that joke Marion Hammer--should have a summit together (yeah, I know that already sounds fanciful, but hear me out). The purpose of the summit is this: they should choose one branch of the Florida Legislature where gun owners will boycott the GOP at the polls in 2022. No gun owner would be asked to vote for any Democrat (although it might actually be better if they did for these purposes), but just don't vote GOP for that one branch in 2022.

So let's say they picked the Florida House--gun owners, don't vote for the GOP in the Florida House. Gun owners still vote GOP for governor, the Florida Senate, and of course in federal races. Ideally this would happen: the Dems take the Florida House, we still hold the governorship and the Florida Senate. So? The Dems can't do jack shit with the Florida House. Redistricting is done for another decade or so. They can't get things past the GOP Florida Senate or DeSantis. They can BLOCK legislation, sure, but that changes nothing on gun legislation since the GOP doesn't pass anything helpful on guns anyway (the last major GOP gun bill was Rick Scott's silly ban on bump stocks and binary triggers).

You know what GOP legislation WILL get blocked by this? All the shit the corporatist GOP routinely gets passed. The business GOP--that serves our enemies (the Mouse, the Florida Retail Federation, etc.)--will take it up the ass. Great! Let THEM get fucked for a change for taking us for granted.

We are told by the Florida GOP "Oh, Bluto, we're afraid of the Mouse!" Really? Hmmm, this last session the Florida GOP passed an anti-gay and trans grooming law that has made the Mouse mighty unhappy, since the Mouse just loves pedophiles indoctrinating kindergarten through 3rd grade kids. Even though Florida will still allow 4th graders and up to be groomed, the Mouse is stamping its little rodent rodent feet over not being able to get at the really young stuff they crave. Yet, somehow, the Florida GOP found the guts to do stand up the Mouse this time. They need to have the fear of God put into them by Florida gun owners to do the same thing for us.

The alternative is to keep doing the same failed shit we have been doing, with the same certain results. That is the definition of insanity.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

There are much higher hills to die on than Constitutional carry. I can accept the shall issue permit for now to get the Parkland Bill revoked with its numerous violations of the Bill of Rights. There are at least a dozen others that would be better suited than giving people a green light to go grocery shopping with a AK slung over their shoulder.
tector

Post by tector »

lilwoody wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:53 pm There are much higher hills to die on than Constitutional carry. I can accept the shall issue permit for now to get the Parkland Bill revoked with its numerous violations of the Bill of Rights. There are at least a dozen others that would be better suited than giving people a green light to go grocery shopping with a AK slung over their shoulder.
Yeah, well none of the other gun bills you want are happening either. Your post is a bad faith evasion of the larger issue, which is the hostility of the current Florida GOP to the Second Amendment. Politicians fear only losing money and power (and the loss of the latter leads to the former). It is the only stick we have, and the bad guys have all the carrots. Wake up and stop losing.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Florida GOP are mostly appendages of the rodent.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.