Florida Republican's Office chucks Constitutional Carry Petitions into Garbage

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
George W

Post by George W »

Jeez, the self loathing.... the compromise until all is gone..... it's sickening. The GOP relies on this and "our" Stockholm Syndrome to stay in power. They need do nothing but talk. They don't actually need to do any work to keep gun owners voting for them. We're like the side chick in a sick relationship..... "One day he's going to leave his wife and we'll be together." We don't need to be taken out to dinner or a show. We just spread our legs and say thank you. It really is sickening.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

REDinFL wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:11 pm Florida GOP are mostly appendages of the rodent.
And the FRF, of course.

But I wonder.... Apparently, Gov. DeSantis and "The Rodent" are at odds, right now, over this "Don't Say Gay" bill. They(Rodent) are even talking about "defunding the politicians" they used to support!

Maybe this is the right time for us to "strike" and get some things done!

Again, for me, my priorities are:

1) Eliminate red Flag laws.
2) Strong laws against "Civil Asset Forfeiture"
3) Licenseless Carry (I won't say "Constitutional" carry as that often implies "OC" in FL, and we can't do that right now)... not if we want to keep "no gun" signs without the force of law...
4) Reclarify laws re: "Improper display of a firearm" to prevent LE from harassing/arresting someone if their weapon is either printing or "not deliberately" exposed but still visible in a holster and not drawn.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I agree with those priorities.

Some politicians need to learn that "support" from corporations blows with the wind.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

REDinFL wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:43 pm Some politicians need to learn that "support" from corporations blows with the wind.
Yeah, but that's why they get into the profession to begin with.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

tector wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:13 am Your post is what the liberals call "misinformation." It says it is "SHOCKING." Really, no one here is likely to be shocked at this at all. It is business as usual for the Florida GOP. Years and years of the same....
Yep, you nailed it. Can't believe anybody here in the forum is really shocked about this.

And no matter how much we apparently attempt to rectify the situation, we're all basically just wasting our time YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Hard to get motivated at the start of a new legislative session when the outcome is pretty much determined before we even start.

Very depressing for sure.

AD
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

I see a whole bunch of bitching about the Republiciabs but nothing about what to do about it. Vote them out...then replace them with who? The only way I see to change this for the better is by the primary system. Primary every single one of the old school do nothings out and get new conservatives in. Then you must ask yourself what does a new conservative look like, what are their values. How does this new generation see them changing 50 years of ground ceded to the liberals, neoliberals and then to the progressive neoliberals.
The Republicians have gradually drifted to the center and center left for decades. They have been in a constant retreat in force. They have done little until recently in the offensive political front. Even then RINOS have consistently blocked any momentum forward until these slight wins on the right to defend ones self and educational front. All they have been is speed bumps. There are bigger fish to fry than letting every one of these Yankees moving into our state or the saggy pants crowd or the gang bangers tote a AK in Publix.
For every one of us firearms enthusiasts that would treat this right that we should have with respect there is a couple dozen that have no clue how to line the notch in the back with the bead in the front. Much less what's between or beyond the general direction its half assly pointed.
Pitching a fit over this in my opinion is unproductive. We need change from the bottom up. So get involved, I have.
George W

Post by George W »

Stop looking for Republicans with conservative speech and start looking for Republicans with libertarian ethics. Conservatism as it has been for the last 50 years has been a lot more about growing government to suit them than it has been about individual rights. Libertarians will never be Republicans, but Republicans can be libertarian.
Last edited by George W on Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

If jjk308 was still here he'd point out the being screwed by the GOP was better than the same treatment by any demoncrap
:(
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

lilwoody wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:04 am I see a whole bunch of bitching about the Republicians but nothing about what to do about it. Vote them out...then replace them with who? The only way I see to change this for the better is by the primary system. Primary every single one of the old school do nothings out and get new conservatives in. Then you must ask yourself what does a new conservative look like, what are their values. How does this new generation see them changing 50 years of ground ceded to the liberals, neoliberals and then to the progressive neoliberals.
That's often the more difficult part of this.... Finding "new blood" that will fulfill the needs of "the people," not "The Rodent/FRF." We have to ensure the new people we elect, never come under their $$$ and their control. And they (Rodent/FRF) are very good at trying to reach the new blood and use both positive and negative "incentivizing" to get their way. Anyone we choose needs to affirm to us that they are free and clear of "The Rodent/FRF" and will stay that way.
lilwoody wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:04 amPitching a fit over this in my opinion is unproductive. We need change from the bottom up. So get involved, I have.
Yes, from the bottom up. If we can start, perhaps, a small number of reps, primary their a$$es out, and then we can say, "You're next if you don't behave..." maybe we can get somewhere. Then we move on to the next group of FL reps and Senators, And we keep whacking at it until we rebuild the entire legislature.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

This is what I'm talking about. Research everyone running before you go in the booth. Read all the proposals. Dig to find out whose funding their run. Then when they get in office crawl up their azz and hold them to their promises.