Contact Governor & DEMAND SPECIAL SESSION FOR CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Post by tector »

The special session was called for redistricting, since DeSantis just vetoed the bill given to him on the subject, and it has to be resolved.

Then he mentioned that other issues that the Legislature failed to address, like property insurance, data privacy and Constitutional Carry, could also be addressed if there was time and inclination. But the special session was not called for those issues. Sabatini, like most of his ilk, is full of shit.

All of that being said, since there WILL be a special session, IF they do move on to any other subjects (redistricting may be a full plate, people), then we would want CC to be #1 on the list (though, objectively, I can see the insurance issue being #1 politically--that is a disaster waiting to happen). SO if you have a non-commie state representative or state senator, hit them up, now and through the time of the special session.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

I would also note that DIsney is at their absolute political ebb at the moment in this state, so if there was EVER a time to overcome the Rat, it is right now. Their bluster and threats about the anti-pedo and anti-grooming bill that DeSantis signed yesterday has them in the shithouse here. DeSantis came as close to saying "fuck off, Disney" as decorum allows. The Florida Retail Federation still stands, however.

PS: how any of you would choose Trump over DeSantis in 2024 is a real mystery to me. You must be a sucker for con men.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

Tector well put. Don't forget that Thad Altman is a snake in the grass also. He says he's pro 2nd but in reality is not. He voted for that mess of a bill we are now stuck with (18 year olds cannot buy until 21, etc.,)
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

tector wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:23 pm I would also note that DIsney is at their absolute political ebb at the moment in this state, so if there was EVER a time to overcome the Rat, it is right now. Their bluster and threats about the anti-pedo and anti-grooming bill that DeSantis signed yesterday has them in the shithouse here. DeSantis came as close to saying "fuck off, Disney" as decorum allows. The Florida Retail Federation still stands, however.

PS: how any of you would choose Trump over DeSantis in 2024 is a real mystery to me. You must be a sucker for con men.
I would vote for DeSantis in a minute if he is the nominee. There is now way however that's he's going to run against Trump in 2024. I also don't think he'll be VP nominee with Trump. Two guys from Florida doesn't help the party. Maybe Greg Abbott or Allen West.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tcpip95 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:12 pm
tector wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:23 pm I would also note that DIsney is at their absolute political ebb at the moment in this state, so if there was EVER a time to overcome the Rat, it is right now. Their bluster and threats about the anti-pedo and anti-grooming bill that DeSantis signed yesterday has them in the shithouse here. DeSantis came as close to saying "fuck off, Disney" as decorum allows. The Florida Retail Federation still stands, however.

I would vote for DeSantis in a minute if he is the nominee. There is now way however that's he's going to run against Trump in 2024. I also don't think he'll be VP nominee with Trump. Two guys from Florida doesn't help the party. Maybe Greg Abbott or Allen West.
And we don't want DeSantis to go "national" quite yet. He needs to finish his full 2nd term in FL. Once done, he can run for 2028 when (hopefully) Trump will have completed his 2nd term. But we to find a worthy successor to DeSantis for 2026.
tector

Post by tector »

No thanks, I'll take DeSantis for prez ASAP.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:56 pm No thanks, I'll take DeSantis for prez ASAP.
Then who would succeed him here n FL? I mean, if it's someone as good as he, that might be the solution.
tector

Post by tector »

It is more important to have a President that is not an idiot or a dinosaur ASAP. Florida is in much, much better shape than the Federal government.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:57 am It is more important to have a President that is not an idiot or a dinosaur ASAP. Florida is in much, much better shape than the Federal government.
And it could have gone quite the opposite way in the blink of an eye, if that dem Andrew Gillium had been elected.... and he came way too close. We need to find a worthy successor for DeSantis when he goes onto national politics.
tector

Post by tector »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:24 am
tector wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:57 am It is more important to have a President that is not an idiot or a dinosaur ASAP. Florida is in much, much better shape than the Federal government.
And it could have gone quite the opposite way in the blink of an eye, if that dem Andrew Gillium had been elected.... and he came way too close. We need to find a worthy successor for DeSantis when he goes onto national politics.
Well the Florida GOP is not a big fan of DeSantis. I mean he just vetoed the redistricting plan the Florida Legislature (controlled by the GOP) gave him. Supposedly Scott hates him, and probably that little douche Rubio (who I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire), too. So good luck. You were lucky to avoid Gillum, yes, but perhaps even more lucky to get DeSantis as the GOP nominee in '18. He may just be sui generis.

I will say that GOP registration has now supposedly passed the Democrats, which is a good sign.