Having my house tented for drywood termites. The sales rep said

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Having my house tented for drywood termites. The sales rep said

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I have thousands 8n guns ect...plus the valuables I store my safes. Get this the sales man said I need to leave my safes open. Because they can retain gas. :lol: well no S Sherlock.

But I've got news for them. There's no way in hell I'm leaving my safes open for anyone. Now when they clear the house I'll open the safes to air out while I'm there in the room with who ever is doing it.

I've still got my scuba/loadout gear from FRS along with filter adaptors for my issued and custom fitted mask. I'll be staying on site while being tented. My RV is set up right next to House and since power will still be on. I can run my AC ect....

But I explain to this nut about the valuables I safe and he said law states I must leave them open. BS there is no law saying private safes must be left open and unsecured. I know there will be gas in tent. But not when a dozen illegal pos are putting up the tent. I read up on walk in safes and I just need to open for inspection before and after to air out. No where does it say I must leave them open and unlocked.

BTW people do break in to tented houses. All you got to have is a gas mask or respirator and goggles. Especially if they know what's in there and that it's wide open. Like the people putting up the tents. Oh yeah they are not responsible for security ot losses if things are stolen. But yeah you must leave safes and gun rooms unlocked.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
George W

Post by George W »

The safes do NOT have to be left open. The pest control company only needs to verify that no one is in them before they turn on the gas. I went through this two years ago.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I agree with you. But this nut stated that safes must be left open so it does not trap gas. He even stated it was a federal requirement. I'm like huh. No way will I do that. Since I'm staying on site I'm retaining the keys to House also. They gave me a lock box. But since I'm there I'll keep them.

But yeah many years ago I worked for orkin pest control as a termite inspector. Never did I ever bring up safes with customer. It was none of my business if they had safes and where they were located. I simply stated if they had a secure area to open it up and air it out before entering. Never had a issue.

Oh yeah also. I told them exactly what you said. If they had rooms they wanted to keep secure. I'd be on-site if they did and all I needed to do is look inside to make sure no one was inside of it and then lock it. Did this because home owner felt better doing this than letting labors have access and knowing contents. But back then we actually had company employed crews, not subcontractors who put tents on. Plus those who worked for company spoke English and did not use stolen IDs and SSNs
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Do you live in a pasture? I only ask because I smell BS. I'd ask to see where that is written into law. I worked for Terminix for a bit when I got out of the Army, and I don't recall EVER hearing about that crap. His eyes must have been brown, because he's full of poo.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

lighteye wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:37 pm Do you live in a pasture? I only ask because I smell BS. I'd ask to see where that is written into law. I worked for Terminix for a bit when I got out of the Army, and I don't recall EVER hearing about that crap. His eyes must have been brown, because he's full of poo.
No I live in a subdivision. I worked for Orkin pest control years ago as a termite inspector also. All I did was repeat what this dumb F said to me. I know it's not in any law anywhere. My point is why he would say it and insist my safes be left open. Which they will not. I can't wait now till they show up to tent my house. I want to see their reaction when I tell them to F off on the safes.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Did Bugsey ask about the safes or see them? Either way I find his "requirement" highly suspect. Now that he knows they are there locked or unlocked you may have a issue.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Oh I understood you completely, lol. That guy is a moron, and I'm glad you're not complying. I wouldn't either.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

lilwoody wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:43 am Did Bugsey ask about the safes or see them? Either way I find his "requirement" highly suspect. Now that he knows they are there locked or unlocked you may have a issue.
No he never saw them as a matter of fact he never even did an inspection. I simply told him I had found evidence of termites and needed tenting. He started going over what must be done to prepare for tenting. Then mentioned that safes must be open. We went back and forth and then I walked away and let wife handle it.

He said something to the effect that they must be open so that when they clear house of gas none is trapped in safe. I've no problem with opening safes to let gas out of them. But I'm sure as hell not leaving them open for the illegals I know companies use today to have open access to them and see their contents. He can kiss my four corner contact :P

This guy is a nut. BTW you can go into a tented house if you wear a respirator with filters. It's happened many times before where tented housed have been robbed. One thing I do have cameras in every room of house that will be recording everything.

If he insists on day of tenting I'll just tell him to F off and kick his ass off my property.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Find another company!
Casual

Post by Casual »

They probably gonna cook meth inside the house.. breaking bad style