SCOTUS has ruled! 6-3 in favor of NY State Rifle and Pistol case.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

SCOTUS has ruled! 6-3 in favor of NY State Rifle and Pistol case.

Post by FfNJGTFO »

WOO HOO! Justice Thomas wrote the major opinion!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

GREAT NEWS. The Dems are frothing at the mouth today. GARY.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Allme

Post by Allme »

Only logical conclusion. The SCOTUS has ruled a few times that the police have no duty/obligation to protect anybody, this leaves the safety/security up to the individual... I do not know of any reasonable person who wants to be responsible for their own safety/security that would even consider doing so unarmed.

https://mises.org/power-market/police-h ... -yet-again
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

What effect if any will this have on the gun control bill in the senate today?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

GreyShark wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:38 pm What effect if any will this have on the gun control bill in the senate today?
Not much, unless it's by "Momentum." The Gun Control bill doesn't say that much (not yet, anyway) about where you can carry and in what manner. Like I said, not at present. But this bill, even if passed by the Senate must still get through the House, and they could add a ton of stuff.

Anyway, as stated previously, I know that states like NY and the PRNJ will find ways around it. I'd wager that PRNJ will, if need be, totally ignore the ruling. "So Sue us" will be the mantra. For which they know how to tie up a lawsuit like that for decades. Now if, perhaps, there could be some criminal liability for failure to honor the ruling, that might get their attention.
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:46 pm Now if, perhaps, there could be some criminal liability for failure to honor the ruling, that might get their attention.
This. Authorities should face consequences for violating our rights just like we face consequences for violating their laws.
George W

Post by George W »

GreyShark wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:38 pm What effect if any will this have on the gun control bill in the senate today?
I think with SCOTUS saying there's now a higher bar to be met before restricting 2A rights may come into play with Red Flag laws. It may make it easier to challenge them in court.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

It's a step to more honesty in the permit process. NY had "...show good cause.." In the law, making it discretionary, ripe for corruption. The criminal background checks are still in place, and it would have to be "shall issue" though I'm sure the bureaucracy can think of hurdles.

The crook governor there is hysterical. The so called mayor of NYC says "wild west," interestingly the same words used when Florida was establishing the shall issue carry law. "Wild West" Indeed. I believe he also made remarks about bullets flying around. He needs to look at some of the police shootings: 45 shots, 9 hits on some junkie trapped in a stairwell.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Not so fast!

They're already drafting "local rules" to ban concealed carrying within 1000' of "sensitive areas" within NYC, e.g. transit, schools, churches, hospitals, etc. which effectively, due to its' layout, will make all of the city a "gun free zone". They're also drafting legislation to allow businesses and private property owners to ban concealed carry. :roll: #Shitbags

https://gothamist.com/news/new-york-law ... reme-court
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -