License Plate Look Up

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow

License Plate Look Up

Post by wjbarricklow »

There is a squatter on a family member's property. I'm trying to find her family and get her out of there and get her some help. She seems to be sliding into dementia. And the property was torn up by the hurricane, and she likely won't be able to live there anyway with the roof leaks and mold

Not firearms related, but I know there are some law enforcement people on here, who might know the system.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

If you're looking for someone to run a tag for you, it won't happen. Database access for non-official purpose is punishable by a hefty fine and disciplinary action. The days of looking up your high school girlfriend to see if she got fat are long gone. However, if you call local LE they can run the tag on scene if they need to.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Tenzing's advice is the best, get "help" agencies involved. (I didn't know about 211, good tip) Get that person out of there, quickly. Even if you were to call in the Sheriff/local PD, they'd likely do that, too. Do not let it slide. Maybe that person is just in bad shape, and one can feel sorry. Just maybe that person gets advice from friends and will become a wise guy. The minute they get mail at that address, your relatives have a problem; a full legal problem, an eviction procedure would be required, as in legal fee$. May seem harsh, but one might want to err on the side of caution.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Wakko wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:09 am If you're looking for someone to run a tag for you, it won't happen. Database access for non-official purpose is punishable by a hefty fine and disciplinary action. The days of looking up your high school girlfriend to see if she got fat are long gone. However, if you call local LE they can run the tag on scene if they need to.
Correct. A former student of mine (and a former FHP officer) said they absolutely cannot look up anyone unless it was part of a traffic stop or other official investigation. They can get into some really big schiznit if they do.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I didn't want to get anyone in trouble.

I'll try the 211 number.

The local police have been out there. The lady isn't completely out of it.

Like the lady knew we had to give her 48 hours notice to come out to the house, and we're not allowed in. But she didn't remember my wife calling her. I mentioned the grandma's name, and she asked who that was. She repeated things, like people with dementia do. She starting to lose it, but not to where the authorities are going to take her away.

I was just there to look at the roof. It took a good beating in the hurricane. I tarped over the hole, and the other places where shingles and felt were peeled up and leaking. There's been a lot of water in there, and I'm worried about the mold.

I'm not being altogether altruistic. I'm trying to buy the house, so my wife can start looking after her dad, who's gotten too old to manage his affairs.