TWD

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

U know I always deemed myself open minded, so I said to myself maybe I'm missing something with this TWD, let me watch a few segments and then Formulate an opinion, well friends within the past 30 minutes I turned on the programming on AMC, the scene was a young fella dragging this person toward a pit full of rotting people and letting them pull him into the pit where it looked very much to me that they devouring ( eating ) him, come fucking on this isn't entertainment is bullshit garbage, trash, no social redeeming value even to the rotting people. How some can watch this stuff is beyond me, what form of entertainment is this? Rent says " different strokes for different folks" folks ya gotta have better things in your busy daily leisure time than to waste it watching this crap ...amazing stuff !!
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

trouter3 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:25 pm U know I always deemed myself open minded, so I said to myself maybe I'm missing something with this TWD, let me watch a few segments and then Formulate an opinion, well friends within the past 30 minutes I turned on the programming on AMC, the scene was a young fella dragging this person toward a pit full of rotting people and letting them pull him into the pit where it looked very much to me that they devouring ( eating ) him, come fucking on this isn't entertainment is bullshit garbage, trash, no social redeeming value even to the rotting people. How some can watch this stuff is beyond me, what form of entertainment is this? Rent says " different strokes for different folks" folks ya gotta have better things in your busy daily leisure time than to waste it watching this crap ...amazing stuff !!
For someone who doesn’t like the show so much , you spend a whole lot of time complaining about it. If you don’t like it, watch a cooking show or animal planet and let other people enjoy their own tv shows :roll:
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Always a smart ass in the crowd this is the subject matter on this specific thread, nothing more, comments were made positive and negative by numerous members, this one got my attention like your stupid remark did, if if bothers you tough shit .....
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

trouter3 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:20 pm Always a smart ass in the crowd this is the subject matter on this specific thread, nothing more, comments were made positive and negative by numerous members, this one got my attention like your stupid remark did, if if bothers you tough shit .....
Your calling people (me) stupid yet your not mentally capable of understanding that people enjoy shows you don’t like. If blood and gore bothers you, switch to something more PG. It’s a fantasy show, so everything in the show is fake and over the top including gore, it’s a zombie apocalypse, aka flesh eating corpses eating people, I’m not sure you can make that kid friendly or for people who can’t handle the violent nature of humans. Visit a third world country and you’ll see some of that in real life(Just ask my Venezuelan fiancé). People have made negative comments about the show but you’ve made 3 bashing the show without much detailed criticism of story/characters and kinda bashed people who watch the show as well.

I’ve followed the show since episode 1 first aired. Although I think later seasons have declined in story and quality, the overlaying story/characters are the reason people watch the show. How the characters handle the most unspeakable horrific acts and try to remain “human” is the bread and butter of the show. I believe the show name refers to not zombies but the survivors barely making it through. A father trying to keeping his family and community safe (and failing) while facing some terrible Villians. The show now tends to use shock value but I think that emphasizes brutal human nature of survival. The newer seasons are more about community war fare and less zombies which asks important philosophical and morality questions of the leaders choices.

If you can’t understand people enjoy the story “tough shit” :lol:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

trouter3 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:20 pm Always a smart ass in the crowd this is the subject matter on this specific thread, nothing more, comments were made positive and negative by numerous members, this one got my attention like your stupid remark did, if if bothers you tough shit .....
lemonparty might be more up your ally
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

think trouter is off his meds again...
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
gforester

Post by gforester »

Trouter3, I believe the entire series from beginning to end is going to be re-broadcast this week. Try starting at the beginning of the series and maybe you will have a different opinion of the show. I thought the show was going to be stupid and never watched an episode until season 5. It piqued my interest and I then recorded a marathon of seasons 1-5 and started at the beginning. It totally changed my outlook on the series.

Once you get into the story line and the character development you all but ignore the backdrop of flesh eating zombies. As the characters take on their individual personalities and interact with each other the show really comes alive. You will see how they each deal with their own demons as they confront a new and dark reality of a post apocalyptic world.
george_995

Post by george_995 »

Anyways,

I really liked that bowie knife Darrel had. I'd post it on here but photobicket doesn't play nice with me phone.

The spine of the blade had an awesome jimp pattern and the brass guard was badass.

Beautiful fighting knife that definitely looks like ot was fashioned out in the field.
Member since 2009
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I only saw the first few seasons of the show but I didn't like anything past one. I've kept up with it here and there but I have to say plot for plot and character wise, the comics are better to me. That was especially reinforced when I read that they neutered Carl's character for TV.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
george_995

Post by george_995 »

I read the comics as well.

Up until Negans capture in the comic.

I was addicted to reading them, back 5 years ago a swedish guy was uploafing them to Youtube. It was like a slideshow with scary music. I love the drawings.
Member since 2009