The Days Of ‘Concealed Means Concealed’ Increasingly Coming to an End

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wlday

Post by wlday »

These use millimeter-wave wave technology to scan. I used to work for a company that sent me for training on this tech about 15 years ago. It didn't really work that well back then. If the item wasn't close to the surface of your clothes it couldn't see it, but it has probably improved since. There are now "faraday cage fabrics" that pretty much block 99.9% of the electromagnetic waves rendering these scanners useless. Someone will produce something like MXene spray, the chemical the fabric uses, you can spray on. Not really that big of a concern to me.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:05 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:39 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:27 am

Certainly in the "blue" cities like Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, etc.
Miami is Republican run.
"True" Republican, or "Uniparty" Republican? I mean, with my living in Pasco County, I feel safe (to an extent) and comfortable carrying concealed. I can "Wally Walk" without much apprehension at all. I would not feel as safe or comfortable in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete, as well as Orlando, anywhere in Broward, and Monroe County. Are you saying I could feel as safe as I do in Pasco County, in Miami-Dade County? Safe, in re a LEO hassle context (as opposed to being the victim of a crime)? Isn't Miami-Dade where Janet Reno had her base of operation? Where a lot of LEAs are still reacting to the big federal Miami Bank Robbery? Perhaps, the Rep. party might still be alive and well, but I think the LE sentiment there is not.
I don't feel safe in Polk County and that's as Republican as it gets. Polk County has enforced more Red Flag Orders than Miami-Dade and Broward, combined.

As for your idea of LE sentiment down there... you know everyone that was around during Janet Reno's era is long retired or dead, right?
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:19 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:39 am

Miami is Republican run.
"True" Republican, or "Uniparty" Republican? I mean, with my living in Pasco County, I feel safe (to an extent) and comfortable carrying concealed. I can "Wally Walk" without much apprehension at all. I would not feel as safe or comfortable in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete, as well as Orlando, anywhere in Broward, and Monroe County. Are you saying I could feel as safe as I do in Pasco County, in Miami-Dade County? Safe, in re a LEO hassle context (as opposed to being the victim of a crime)? Isn't Miami-Dade where Janet Reno had her base of operation? Where a lot of LEAs are still reacting to the big federal Miami Bank Robbery? Perhaps, the Rep. party might still be alive and well, but I think the LE sentiment there is not.
I don't feel safe in Polk County and that's as Republican as it gets. Polk County has enforced more Red Flag Orders than Miami-Dade and Broward, combined.

As for your idea of LE sentiment down there... you know everyone that was around during Janet Reno's era is long retired or dead, right?
Facts and I'm over how they praise Grady Judd to me once Red flag laws have been on the books for this long Florida has lost its status as a true gun state and it only gets worse.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:19 pm I don't feel safe in Polk County and that's as Republican as it gets. Polk County has enforced more Red Flag Orders than Miami-Dade and Broward, combined.
Then you know what you need to do... (see below)
Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:19 pm As for your idea of LE sentiment down there... you know everyone that was around during Janet Reno's era is long retired or dead, right?
But their successors and trainees are still there. And the FL legislators that allow it to happen (i.e. "Reno's RINOs"). You often tell me how hard it is to get Red Flag laws overturned because of those legislators. And how hard it is to get real OC passed.

You know what you need to do.... what we all need to do. Primary their a$$es out, so we can get Red Flag laws eliminated and Civil Asset Forfeiture "felonized." You help me with those two things, and I'll be happy to help with OC, even though it won't be of value to me.
George W

Post by George W »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:20 pm Facts and I'm over how they praise Grady Judd to me once Red flag laws have been on the books for this long Florida has lost its status as a true gun state and it only gets worse.
Judd is an Authoritarian hack. Given the opportunity, he'd declare himself benevolent dictator.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Tennessee set this nonsense right. Gun free zones are liable for the safety of any person they require to be disarmed to and from their property. Very simple law that hopefully Florida can take a hint from.
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:25 pm
lakelandman wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:20 pm Facts and I'm over how they praise Grady Judd to me once Red flag laws have been on the books for this long Florida has lost its status as a true gun state and it only gets worse.
Judd is an Authoritarian hack. Given the opportunity, he'd declare himself benevolent dictator.
Apropos of nothing (not referring to Judd here), I'd take a red state Franco over the so-called democracy of the blue states all day every day. Slo-mo communism ends up in the same place as revolutionary communism. And, among many other terrible things, that place contains piles and piles of bodies of people like us and our families.

At a certain point all your choices are bad, and then it is just better to have powerful friends and weak enemies rather than vice versa. At this point I have given up on zombie constitutionalism except as an expedient means to an end. I am perfectly willing to give lip service to its "forms" to placate the normie masses, just like most of the radical left does now (everything they do is adjudged "Constitutional," or will be when they take over the Supreme Court), but on any "true" level it is dead dead dead. It was built for a population that no longer exists (and I am not just talking demographics). Franklin's famous answer to the question of Elizabeth Willing Powel: "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" was "A republic, if you can keep it." Well that's been resolved, unfortunately. Conservatism has "conserved" almost nothing, and certainly not a republic, and the libertarians are self-destructing in real time, although that process has long been in the works (with 2020 was the breaking point). So....
Last edited by tector on Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

lilwoody wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:21 am Tennessee set this nonsense right. Gun free zones are liable for the safety of any person they require to be disarmed to and from their property. Very simple law that hopefully Florida can take a hint from.
The exact same forces that defeat open carry year after year will all align together on this issue. I think we have a better chance on this than on open carry, but it is far from certain
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TACC

Post by TACC »

lilwoody wrote:Tennessee set this nonsense right. Gun free zones are liable for the safety of any person they require to be disarmed to and from their property. Very simple law that hopefully Florida can take a hint from.
This i agree with

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:20 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:19 pm

Facts and I'm over how they praise Grady Judd to me once Red flag laws have been on the books for this long Florida has lost its status as a true gun state and it only gets worse.
We never had the statusto begin with. I dont see how FL "lost its status as a true gun state" since it has always had issues.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA