Question on individual selling to another individual

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ireman412

Question on individual selling to another individual

Post by ireman412 »

I am back in Florida after 10 years. I have a question about selling a handgun. When I left just had to verify Florida residency and exchange cash and pistol.
I am getting old (70) and want to sell some of my collection. I have too many guns just sitting in my safe.
If I sell a handgun, just verify a valid Florida license and my preference, a Bill of Sale? I have a couple for sale on Florida Gun Trader and have been getting inquiries.
Please advise.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I’ve seen a few variations from working at gun shows. Most pull out their phone, & take a photo of the other guy’s FL DL. Others just look at the other guy’s FL DL to make sure they’re a Fl resident. And at least 10% don’t give a fock, & buy, or sell without checking. It’s really whatever both parties are comfortable with. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

ireman412 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:41 pm I am back in Florida after 10 years. I have a question about selling a handgun. When I left just had to verify Florida residency and exchange cash and pistol.
I am getting old (70) and want to sell some of my collection. I have too many guns just sitting in my safe.
If I sell a handgun, just verify a valid Florida license and my preference, a Bill of Sale? I have a couple for sale on Florida Gun Trader and have been getting inquiries.
Please advise.
I would verify FL residency (DL) and if you prefer a BoS, just as you are doing. Now, I would put items up here first, since we have something of a community here, where many people have a history, whereas FGT is the wild west, but that is just my preference.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:01 am
I would verify FL residency (DL) and if you prefer a BoS, just as you are doing. Now, I would put items up here first, since we have something of a community here, where many people have a history, whereas FGT is the wild west, but that is just my preference.
Ain't that the truth. Between the Nigerian scammers and the trolls who send random weird, threatening messages, it's crazy.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Agree with trying to sell in the B/S/T here first. There are minimal, if any, on here trying to make a "score" (at least I haven't met any), they just want a fair deal. Yes, the "community" has advantages. There are people on here to whom I'd send something and tell them to send a check if they like it, send it back if they don't, in full confidence.

FGT has a lot of "kitchen table dealers" who want a score because they are buying for resale. While it may seem logical the once something is sold the buyer can do what he/she wants, the probability of being on the wrong end of an inquiry increases if it's quickly resold for a profit. Also, on FGT, one gets a lot of responses from people actually out of state, some even with the old "I'll send a bank money order and have a courier pick it up" scams. All that said, I have also met some decent guys and we made fair deals on there if something didn';t sell here.

I'll suggest another alternative, "Armslist". It has a monthly fee of $6.99, though if you're a veteran it's discounted to $2.99. Still some "dealers" but fewer wise guys than FGT.

Good luck.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
ireman412

Post by ireman412 »

I would love to post on here I have many guns available for sale, Glock 19 and Glock 17 and also some rifles, all new.
I have cognitive issues (69 years old) and have no more use for them.
My hobby was building them, but have never fired them.
I was on this forum for years, 10 years ago, but moved out of state. Now I am back.
Don't know if I have permission to post my guns for sale?
I keep getting messages about my email account and have been trying to straighten it out for months.
ireman412

Post by ireman412 »

Thank you all for the replies
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

ireman412 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:03 pm I keep getting messages about my email account and have been trying to straighten it out for months.
If you don't answer my emails, it is going to be tough to fix anything. Also, you're a new member, so it is not for months.

Make a screencopy of your problem and send it to me. legio@floridashootersnetwork.com or admin@floridashootersnetwork.com
ireman412

Post by ireman412 »

Sent Info.