So what should be buying now, before the storm?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Situationalray

Post by Situationalray »

tector wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 am
Situationalray wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:59 am
tector wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 pm

So you saw that Floeida gun bill coming last year? Well, you are a better man than most of us.

The only people subject to "fear" are those not prepared. Witness what happens when a hurricane approaches. Talking about preparing BEFORE a storm is not "fear mongering."

Feel free to ignore any discussion here that offends you.
Another panic thread, really? :lol:
Yeah, the panicked tone here is terrifying.
lol seriously, you don't know why you should be buying right now? Lol chicken little bullshit

:roll:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

At the prices we have now panick buy everything. PSA stripped lowers I've for 40.00.
9mm ammo at 165 per k shipped I do not believe there needs to be a reason to panick to buy.

I believe you'd be a fool not to buy at these prices because history dictates they will eventually go crazy again and as usual there will be people here saying, I WISHED I'D DONE THIS OR THAT WHEN PRICES WERE CHEAP.

Seen it happen in the past. Remember the old saying. Buy it cheap and stack it deep. I'm a ammo whore/addict. Plus with the price of complete lowers being at 129.00 shipped and psa bcg being at 59.00 shipped.

Also with psa running sales on complete uppers for 259.00 shipped. You can build a complete weapon for 388.00 minus sights.

Oh and don't forget the price if mags right now. I'm buying the hell of them. Even the surplus one. Cleaning them up and putting a new finish on them and they look factory new. My goal is 1k of mags.

So it's a matter if time and an investment with a greater return on your money than banks. To me it's just money in the bank. Because eventually as always people screw up and elect a DEMOCRAT POTUS and start a real panick. One day if the DEMOCRATS ever get control of both houses and the oval office.

But then on the other hand I'll have enough to arm my own small Geriatric Guerrilla militias lol.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Allme

Post by Allme »

Greg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 pm I think this entire post is stupid. Senate, presidency and Supreme Court are controlled by the GOP. Almost all of FL is GOP controlled. 2 GOP senators in Fl since the 1800’s. Stop fear mongering
Tell that to your 19 year old daughter that wants to buy a gun to protect herself while she is away @ college. Or the 18 year old that wants to go hog hunting with his friends. Or anybody that wants to buy a bumpstock instead of using a shoe string..... I'll do you one better, know anything about Red Flag laws? Heard about that 61 y/o fellow in Maryland that went to the door @ 5 in the morning, opened it up and a couple of cops tried to take his guns... Didn't work out for that guy too well did it? They shot his ass up, took his guns and made him out to be the bad guy all the while the LEOs were hailed as heroes....Keeping with the red flag laws hopefully you can hear the quiet push to label all vets w/ PTSD, once that really gets going they will start kicking in doors more frequently and the story above will be an every day occurrence. Do you understand the state of Florida has amassed hundreds of firearm confiscations thanks to red flag laws this year, also did you know Trump supports them...

Yep, nothing to worry about...Maybe just hand them another inch or two... (eye roll).

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/hund ... -to-surren
Allme

Post by Allme »

Allme wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:05 am
Greg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 pm I think this entire post is stupid. Senate, presidency and Supreme Court are controlled by the GOP. Almost all of FL is GOP controlled. 2 GOP senators in Fl since the 1800’s. Stop fear mongering
Tell that to your 19 year old daughter that wants to buy a gun to protect herself while she is away @ college. Or the 18 year old that wants to go hog hunting with his friends. Or anybody that wants to buy a bumpstock instead of using a shoe string..... I'll do you one better, know anything about Red Flag laws? Heard about that 61 y/o fellow in Maryland that went to the door @ 5 in the morning, opened it up and a couple of cops tried to take his guns... Didn't work out for that guy too well did it? They shot his ass up, took his guns and made him out to be the bad guy all the while the LEOs were hailed as heroes....Keeping with the red flag laws hopefully you can hear the quiet push to label all vets w/ PTSD, once that really gets going they will start kicking in doors more frequently and the story above will be an every day occurrence. Do you understand the state of Florida has amassed hundreds of firearm confiscations thanks to red flag laws this year, also did you know Trump supports them...

Yep, nothing to worry about...Maybe just hand them another inch or two... (eye roll).

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/hund ... -to-surren
Sorry, got off on a tanget. In direct answer to your question I would say ammo, guns are great but if you can't feed them....
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Allme wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:05 am Tell that to your 19 year old daughter that wants to buy a gun to protect herself while she is away @ college.
The new laws only affects long gun purchases for someone under 21, so unless she wanted to bring an AR-15 to college, nothing has changed. But any father, or mother can purchase a handgun for their 18 year old daughter, & gift it to them should they feel it’s necessary. Same with the son who wants to go hog hunting with their friends. Law affects purchase, not possession. GARY.
Last edited by N4KVE on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm
Allme wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:05 am Tell that to your 19 year old daughter that wants to buy a gun to protect herself while she is away @ college.
The new laws only affects long gun purchases for someone under 21, so unless she wanted to bring an AR-15 to college, nothing has changed. But any father, or mother can purchase a handgun for their 18 year old daughter, & gift it to them should they feel its necessary. Same with the son who wants to go hog hunting with their friends. Law affects purchase, not possession. GARY.

It is still an infringement. That whole "shall not be" thing.

Lose an inch and pretty soon you will find yourself against the cliff edge. To late then to do anything.

So yeah maybe not s panic but prices are low enough to Merit buying cheap and stacking deep. At least in h opinion. Once I made sure we have enough for each member of family with some spares in each category we felt we wanted it was ammo time. I can repair and rebuild from parts stock, I can reload if I have components, ammo is what I would get. They will see that as the next battleground as California has already proven. Get it now while cheap and available.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:51 am Remember the old saying. Buy it cheap and stack it deep.
^ This

I should have bought a pallet of AK kits when they were $79

Panic or not, its a good time to buy AR crap.
Allme

Post by Allme »

n0rlf wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 pm
N4KVE wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm
The new laws only affects long gun purchases for someone under 21, so unless she wanted to bring an AR-15 to college, nothing has changed. But any father, or mother can purchase a handgun for their 18 year old daughter, & gift it to them should they feel its necessary. Same with the son who wants to go hog hunting with their friends. Law affects purchase, not possession. GARY.

It is still an infringement. That whole "shall not be" thing.

Lose an inch and pretty soon you will find yourself against the cliff edge. To late then to do anything.

So yeah maybe not s panic but prices are low enough to Merit buying cheap and stacking deep. At least in h opinion. Once I made sure we have enough for each member of family with some spares in each category we felt we wanted it was ammo time. I can repair and rebuild from parts stock, I can reload if I have components, ammo is what I would get. They will see that as the next battleground as California has already proven. Get it now while cheap and available.
Actually N4KVE is right, 18-20 year olds haven't been able to buy/possess pistols in forever. Not certain of the statute but they aren't allowed by law to own/possess period, anyone @ a range by themselves w/ a pistol could find themselves in hot water. I ran into that a few years ago. Mom/Dad could buy a long gun for their son/daughter HOWEVER thats a straw purchase, isn't it technically?

I've always stock piled ammo, won't stop either. Again guns have to be fed or they are worthless.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Allme wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:56 pm Mom/Dad could buy a long gun for their son/daughter HOWEVER thats a straw purchase, isn't it technically?
Giving a legitimate gift is never a straw purchase. You are still able to gift a hand or long gun to people under 21 in Florida. If you're under 18, there are certain restrictions on how you can possess one, though:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 90.22.html

"(3) A minor under 18 years of age may not possess a firearm, other than an unloaded firearm at his or her home, unless:
(a) The minor is engaged in a lawful hunting activity and is:
1. At least 16 years of age; or
2. Under 16 years of age and supervised by an adult.
(b) The minor is engaged in a lawful marksmanship competition or practice or other lawful recreational shooting activity and is:
1. At least 16 years of age; or
2. Under 16 years of age and supervised by an adult who is acting with the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian.
(c) The firearm is unloaded and is being transported by the minor directly to or from an event authorized in paragraph (a) or paragraph (b)."
Allme

Post by Allme »

zeebaron wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:12 pm
Allme wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:56 pm Mom/Dad could buy a long gun for their son/daughter HOWEVER thats a straw purchase, isn't it technically?
Giving a legitimate gift is never a straw purchase. You are still able to gift a hand or long gun to people under 21 in Florida.
I think if a federal or state prosecutor wanted to they could press this issue, can you cite the statute(s) for clarity? "Giving a legitimate gift is never a straw purchase." True HOWEVER its not what you know it is what you can prove and how the SA wants to paint that person, plenty of innocent people have went to jail and had their property confiscated.

NOTE: zeebaron you are faster than me clearly, I tip my hat to you sir.