So much love for the AR vs. no love for the M1A ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

I sold mine when battle packs started getting silly expensive. Kinda miss it but don’t miss feeding it. Strange logic from someone that drives a full size suv.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

They're fine rifles, but not exactly tly panic buying material. Bottom line is, the AR15 Americas rifle. Your not going to find any rifle design in this current day and age that sells as well as it does.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

There is a cure.......AR 10.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I always found this article... illuminating, when it comes to the M14:

http://looserounds.com/2015/01/30/the-m ... 14-legend/

Chandler went on to talk about how, after retiring from the USMC and starting Iron Brigade Armory, one the best makers of combat-hardened, nearly bombproof sniper rifles in the world and the makers of the legendary DARPA XM-3 sniper rifle system. He gathered and employed the worlds best retired USMC 2112s that he could find and attempted to make a tough super accurate M14s. Making money no object in the pursuit in an attempt to see if it could be done.

” We, who have no bottom line, to worry about who can and do use the ultimate materials and the finest skills known cannot expect our M14s to maintain accuracy under combat conditions. We do not believe the M14 design allows accurizing that is combat condition durable. ”
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Legio wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:12 pm For me, it is just a question of pistol-grip. Without one, it is just harder on my wrists. No impossible, but I'd rather have one.
Mine has a pistol grip...

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I like the M1A more for distance and the AR-15 for close range.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.