Federal Appeals Court ruling on open carry

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
boomboom

Post by boomboom »

9th Circuit Court jurisdiction covers Hawaii, Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming. I'm guessing their ruling only applies within their jurisdiction as that's where the lawsuit was filed.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

boomboom wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 am 9th Circuit Court jurisdiction covers Hawaii, Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming. I'm guessing their ruling only applies within their jurisdiction as that's where the lawsuit was filed.
boomboom

Post by boomboom »

TC6969 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 am
boomboom wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 am 9th Circuit Court jurisdiction covers Hawaii, Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming. I'm guessing their ruling only applies within their jurisdiction as that's where the lawsuit was filed.
Cause I'm too damn lazy to look it up.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Wizard78 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:14 am I wouldn't mind the right so I wouldn't have to worry about "printing" or accidently displaying when out in public.
Agreed. The best benefit of OC is the removal of "discretion" in re: what's an accidental display and what isn't. And I'm not saying I would never OC. There are places where it is appropriate (usually where it is SOP, like an outdoor range, etc.). But for EDC, I probably want to stay concealed.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:01 am
Wizard78 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:14 am I wouldn't mind the right so I wouldn't have to worry about "printing" or accidently displaying when out in public.
Agreed. The best benefit of OC is the removal of "discretion" in re: what's an accidental display and what isn't. And I'm not saying I would never OC. There are places where it is appropriate (usually where it is SOP, like an outdoor range, etc.). But for EDC, I probably want to stay concealed.
I also agree, I would probably stay concealed but having not to worry about an inadvertent flash would be comforting. I also would like not having to pay for a "right".