1980s and 1990s Guns Ads

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I njever heard the UZI select fire sub machine guns were UNRESTRICTED to individuals and dealers. :lol:

Hell, I would have got a couple of them. :mrgreen:

9mm is cheap to shoot.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:01 pm I njever heard the UZI select fire sub machine guns were UNRESTRICTED to individuals and dealers. :lol:

9mm is cheap to shoot.
Prior to 1986, US built Uzis were legal for john Q Public.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:09 pm
Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:01 pm I njever heard the UZI select fire sub machine guns were UNRESTRICTED to individuals and dealers. :lol:

9mm is cheap to shoot.
As were ALL "US built" machineguns that were registered under the 1934 GCA. Just as today you can file a "form 1" and made your own suppressor, sbs or sbr, before that evil day in 1986 once you had your approved Form 1 you could make your own SMG as well. And while we're on the subject, the law is Unconstitutional. The 1934 GCA requires paying $200 to make/register your own machinegun; the 1986 FOPA Act, makes it illegal for the Fed's to accept the $200 tax of new US made machineguns. So which is it? This EXACT scenario was true for the Marijuana Tax Act until it was challenged and ruled Unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in 1970. All of this was done under a "taxing scheme" because people back then KNEW the government couldn't tell them what they can and can't own, the idea the government could flat out BAN something was and is the anti-thesis of Liberty.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

MiamiOffshore wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:29 am
Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:09 pm

9mm is cheap to shoot.
As were ALL "US built" machineguns that were registered under the 1934 GCA. Just as today you can file a "form 1" and made your own suppressor, sbs or sbr, before that evil day in 1986 once you had your approved Form 1 you could make your own SMG as well. And while we're on the subject, the law is Unconstitutional. The 1934 GCA requires paying $200 to make/register your own machinegun; the 1986 FOPA Act, makes it illegal for the Fed's to accept the $200 tax of new US made machineguns. So which is it? This EXACT scenario was true for the Marijuana Tax Act until it was challenged and ruled Unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in 1970. All of this was done under a "taxing scheme" because people back then KNEW the government couldn't tell them what they can and can't own, the idea the government could flat out BAN something was and is the anti-thesis of Liberty.
Prior to the 1968 Gun Control Act, foreign made MGs could be imported and registered by John Q Public. In 1967, Bob could order a Sterling SMG or a buy a surplus MG-08 from some arms dealer in Europe and import it to the US. After the GCA, only Dealer Samples could be imported.

And the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was declared unconstitutional in Leary v. United States not because of the tax, but because to apply for a tax stamp, it required self-incrimination, which violated the Fifth Amendment since you had to be in possession of marijuana to apply for the stamp.

That portion of the law was declared unconstitutional, not the tax portion. And it was replaced by Congress with the passage of the Controlled Substances Act as Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970, which repealed the 1937 Act.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA