A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

I haven't worked the numbers, but I'd like to think with American ingenuity we could come up with an efficient way to make everything here. On top of being healthy for national security. As for brass, that's why I was suggesting something based in steel case with polymer coating, much like what wolf uses. Maybe just wishful thinking but given the millions of new gun owners JUST this year and certainly more to come, there is new demand that isn't going anywhere.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

As I've said on other forums, where's the primers? I do not remember such a drastic shortage of primers to the point of being nonexistent. Every major on line retailer have none with no back order available. I do realize they need them for the ammo they are producing but having none, anywhere is quite concerning.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Obama killed the lead industry and they haven't come back. Powder basically all moved off shore years ago. Brass is still mostly made in the US.

After 2012, there were several new ammo plants built. In Mexico. Obama regulations made it hard to build new plants in the US, but all the US operations expanded lines. Currently, imports are somewhat restricted, but that should ease over the next year.

What ammo would you make? For everyone who wants 5.56, someone else wants 9mm. You have to retool lines for different calibers, so something will always go short.

My main question for anyone complaining about manufacturers not making enough is: Why didn't you invest in reloading equipment and supplies when it was available last year? And why didn't you buy 10,000 rounds in every caliber you shoot when it was available? The answer is the same reason why, when these shortages ease and prices stabilize, you won't do it before the next shortage. :)

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk