If enough senators challenge the election results, Trump wins

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Post by tector »

According to Twitter the outgoing VP gets to pick whomever he wants as President, even if it makes him not outgoing.

Damn, Al Gore should have thought of that in January 2001!!!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

You mean the Constitution, not Twitter.
Everything they’re trying to do is, technically, by the book.
What a bunch of candy-assed entitled cowards we have up there in Congress representing us. The ones denying anything was fraudulent in this past election need to be fired.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

We have an old saying that virtually translates into “War announced doesn’t kill soldier” “Guerra avisada no mata soldado”
Why in the hell nothing was done to prevent this clusterfuck?
They knew it was going to happen and didn’t do enough to stop it, now enjoy the shit sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tector

Post by tector »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:22 pm You mean the Constitution, not Twitter.
Everything they’re trying to do is, technically, by the book.
What a bunch of candy-assed entitled cowards we have up there in Congress representing us. The ones denying anything was fraudulent in this past election need to be fired.
Technically the President could just declare martial law, suspend habeas corpus (like Lincoln did), arrest Biden as an agent of Communist China, and go from there. The "Constitution" would not forbid such. The Constitution as such does not forbid all kinds of insane and tyrannical things. There are still some US citizens of Japanese ancestry alive to attest to that. So your point is?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:23 pm We have an old saying that virtually translates into “War announced doesn’t kill soldier” “Guerra avisada no mata soldado”
Why in the hell nothing was done to prevent this clusterfuck?
They knew it was going to happen and didn’t do enough to stop it, now enjoy the shit sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This certainly applies to the laws on mail in ballots, and some of the federal courts said as much by invoking the doctrine of laches, which is the legal term for "Why the fuck didn't you do something sooner?"
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

My point is, what’s the point of having a Constitution if nobody follows it?
At some point, Americans will have to get off their asses and demand—by force—that the bozos in D.C. abide by the Constitution.
All the arguments about our relative liberties as compared to any other country are empty platitudes without merit if we just don’t care anymore.
Dammit, now you went and made me late for checking my email to see when my government check will be deposited.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The bread Image is on the way, to go along with the circus...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/jud ... vote-count
tector

Post by tector »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:19 pm My point is, what’s the point of having a Constitution if nobody follows it?
At some point, Americans will have to get off their asses and demand—by force—that the bozos in D.C. abide by the Constitution.
All the arguments about our relative liberties as compared to any other country are empty platitudes without merit if we just don’t care anymore.
Dammit, now you went and made me late for checking my email to see when my government check will be deposited. Image
"“Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."--Judge Learned Hand.

OR

"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"

weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Lots of misinformation in here. If the electoral college is invalidated, Congress decides on the winner. House decides President, Senate the Vice President. House votes by state, so 30 Republican states *might* chose Trump. Might not.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

weaselfire wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:50 pm Lots of misinformation in here. If the electoral college is invalidated, Congress decides on the winner. House decides President, Senate the Vice President. House votes by state, so 30 Republican states *might* chose Trump. Might not.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
This will not happen, as it requires a majority vote in both the House AND Senate. Dems have the majority in the House, making this a moot point.