Happy Thanksgiving

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

George W wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:25 pm The Chinese buffet was on point today. We're done with spending tons of time and money on Thanksgiving meals, especially with our kids grown now.
Our turkey cost under .70¢ a pound. It was a 12.5lbs bird. Everything else was typical ingredients we have at the house. Our meal was easily under $30 for the entire family.
My gun channel - New Wave Firearms
FL Director & National Spokeman for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA at discount
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
George W

Post by George W »

Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:24 pm Our turkey cost under .70¢ a pound. It was a 12.5lbs bird. Everything else was typical ingredients we have at the house. Our meal was easily under $30 for the entire family.
When our kids were young and home, we did the same. I got up early and made the turkey. The wife, being the Latina that she is would do the sides. always making enough to feed 50, with most going to waste after a few days. Now, it is only the dogs plus our youngest in the house while he goes to college. It doesn't make sense to sweat over a single meal when I can eat sushi and crab legs until I can't walk.
tector

Post by tector »

Bought a 10lb.+ turkey at Publix for $5.18 (49 cents a pound). Hard to go wrong at that price.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”