Contact Governor & DEMAND SPECIAL SESSION FOR CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Don't be too sanguine about the ''GOP registration" in FL. I'm sure quite a few are from places in which the republicans have their own kind of machine politics, meaning the people will vote the way the party establishment tells them. It is true DeSantis is unique. The party puppeteers probably want another Skeletor, or possibly the little roach in heels. Anyone like that does us no good on many fronts. No better than most democrats - Scott did things I'd expect of demos. Of course, Gillum is another matter. If DeSantis leaves office in mid-term to run for President, you may expect a "Nikki" at best, or something a lot worse.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:13 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:24 am
tector wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:57 am It is more important to have a President that is not an idiot or a dinosaur ASAP. Florida is in much, much better shape than the Federal government.
And it could have gone quite the opposite way in the blink of an eye, if that dem Andrew Gillium had been elected.... and he came way too close. We need to find a worthy successor for DeSantis when he goes onto national politics.
Well the Florida GOP is not a big fan of DeSantis. I mean he just vetoed the redistricting plan the Florida Legislature (controlled by the GOP) gave him.
You mean that part of the GOP legislature that (in turn) is controlled by "The Rodent/FRF?" We need to primary their a$$es out
tector wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:57 amI will say that GOP registration has now supposedly passed the Democrats, which is a good sign.
I really hope so. And, in the districts where they are truly needed.
George W

Post by George W »

The saddest part is that probably less than 1% of Floridians know what the FRF is, with only a tiny portion of those knowing the power it, along with the Reedy Creek Rat wield. Those that suggest confronting the politicians in their pockets are short sighted. Politicians come and go. They're merely the lap dogs of their masters. If you want real change, go after the FTF and Disney. Make their money un-spendable. Once reps are off their leash, they might have to start giving a shit what the voters say.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

George W wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:41 pm The saddest part is that probably less than 1% of Floridians know what the FRF is, with only a tiny portion of those knowing the power it, along with the Reedy Creek Rat wield. Those that suggest confronting the politicians in their pockets are short sighted. Politicians come and go. They're merely the lap dogs of their masters. If you want real change, go after the FTF and Disney. Make their money un-spendable. Once reps are off their leash, they might have to start giving a shit what the voters say.
Which is why I hope the legislature strikes right now, while "The Rodent" and Gov. DeSantis are at odds with each other. We could get some stuff done!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:33 pm
tector wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 am If Trump drops out, DeSantis will be the front-runner. Tom Cotton? Josh Hawley? Ted Cruz? Nikki Haley? Little Marco the Warrior?

If Trump doesn't drop out, DeSantis very likely waits until 2028.

A special session of the Florida Legislature has nothing to do with it. It is very possible to become monomaniacal about one subject. It has obviously happened here.

Take some GOP scalps, then they will care. Not until. And DeSantis is the wrong target for scalping.
And the other thing that has to be done is "decouple" Constitutional carry from "Open Carry." Honestly, I think too may people imply "Open carry" with Constitutional, and that is what's killing it in FL. We all know "The Rodent" and the FRF don't want open carry in FL and they will do all they can to fight it and "incentivize" the FL legislature accordingly. If we could get "constitutional carry" for "concealed only" in FL, that might be possible. Otherwise, I don't see it happening in FL unless "The Rodent/FRF" get something in return... most likely "No gun Signage" that has the force of law (like Texas).
Hell no, FLORIDIANS SHOULD BE ABLE TO OPEN CARRY IF THEY WANT.

ENOUGH COMPROMISING!
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:50 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:33 pm
And the other thing that has to be done is "decouple" Constitutional carry from "Open Carry." Honestly, I think too may people imply "Open carry" with Constitutional, and that is what's killing it in FL. We all know "The Rodent" and the FRF don't want open carry in FL and they will do all they can to fight it and "incentivize" the FL legislature accordingly. If we could get "constitutional carry" for "concealed only" in FL, that might be possible. Otherwise, I don't see it happening in FL unless "The Rodent/FRF" get something in return... most likely "No gun Signage" that has the force of law (like Texas).
Hell no, FLORIDIANS SHOULD BE ABLE TO OPEN CARRY IF THEY WANT.

ENOUGH COMPROMISING!
Do you really think you can take on the "Rodent/FRF" and win? 'Cause that's what you'll have to do if you want to get Constitutional Carry (with OC) passed without an explosion of "no guns allowed" signs with the force of law. Texas already demonstrated that. They had Sec. 30.06 and 30.07 signs with the force of law. When they got Constitutional Carry, suddenly there came Sec. 30.05 and the signs sprouted everywhere.

It's not a matter of compromise. It's a matter of getting the right people elected that won't kowtow to the Rodent/FRF. Because that's the only way it will happen. If you decouple OC from Constitutional Carry, it just might have a shot at passing in our lifetimes.

BTW, I hear that the "special session" will ONLY be about the electoral maps, and nothing else.
tector

Post by tector »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:03 pm BTW, I hear that the "special session" will ONLY be about the electoral maps, and nothing else.
That's what it was called for. They are not limited to that, but just empirically redistricting is a complicated subject and very easily could eat up the clock.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”