Bank tellers overstepping, asking about cash withdrawls?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:41 pm Yesterday I withdrew a couple grand cash from my credit union inside the bank at the teller.
The millennial teller (young man) was very polite but asked me if I was going to buy something fun?
I responded "No, not really".
What am I going to say, yeah I have my eye on a new AR and overpriced ammo?
I wanted to say, none of your fucking business.
WTF????
Is this a new thing or a millennial thing?
"Oh, I'm getting a third testicle so I can produce 'Non-Binary' children." That should do the trick!
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Yeah one time I did that they just outright asked what's it for. They were writing it down. I'm simply said..it's mine money and I want it. But most the time they don't ask. Now I tried to withdraw 20k once....refused and said I had to give them 24 hour notice so they could get the funds. WTF. it's a bank.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:57 pm Yeah one time I did that they just outright asked what's it for. They were writing it down. I'm simply said..it's mine money and I want it. But most the time they don't ask. Now I tried to withdraw 20k once....refused and said I had to give them 24 hour notice so they could get the funds. WTF. it's a bank.
Where I am, they need 24 hours for 100 in coins of 2 and I cannot call, I need to go to request it. This is fucked up.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I had a bank credit card once. Three times in a roll I'd make a charge to buy gun related items. Each time they locked my card stating fraud. I could not call them and straighten it out. I had to go into bank and wait for a rep to call the fraud dept to unlock my credit card. The third time I said screw it. Did not go in to get it unlocked. After 2 years they canceled the card. I keep get card offers from them. I did ask why everytime I used it to buy gun related items like powder from Powder Valley they locked it. They had no answer to my question. Screw these commie bastards. BTW this was the only card that ever did this. WF
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I have no trouble with WF using their CC for firearm purchases. Matter of fact, my bank manager knows I work a few gun shows a month. If he see’s me depositing $ on a Monday, he’ll ask “work the gun show yesterday”? GARY.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

This was back when Obama was in office. That said though I used it with zero issues before they started locking down my card. Who knows anymore. This was when they were messing with accts they deemed undesirable. But they sure locked mine at that point in time. With no explanation when I asked except that my purchase trigger a scam or something like that alert. But three times in a roll....come on man ;)