Florida man charged for having 1,552 devices to turn semiautos into machine guns

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:46 am Last I checked, Marijuana is illegally on the Federal Level but enough States told the Feds to fuck off and now the Feds are powerless.
I wouldn’t say they’re powerless. Since all banks are under the FDIC, marijuana dispensaries can not have a bank account. And the 4473 states if you have a medical marijuana card, you can not purchase a firearm. So I wonder when the database of medical cards will be compared to the database of CCW permits. GARY.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

As long as control freaks have access to databases and sorting software....
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:42 am
Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:46 am Last I checked, Marijuana is illegally on the Federal Level but enough States told the Feds to fuck off and now the Feds are powerless.
I wouldn’t say they’re powerless. Since all banks are under the FDIC, marijuana dispensaries can not have a bank account. And the 4473 states if you have a medical marijuana card, you can not purchase a firearm. So I wonder when the database of medical cards will be compared to the database of CCW permits. GARY.
Private Sales are great.... and Constitutional Carry resolves that problem too.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:42 am So I wonder when the database of medical cards will be compared to the database of CCW permits. GARY.
Didn't Nikki Fried say she has a medical pot and CCW?
:?:
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Yes, she did. However, remember some people are "special".
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:56 pm
N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:42 am
Private Sales are great.... and Constitutional Carry resolves that problem too.
Correct!!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

P5 Guy wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:56 am
N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:42 am So I wonder when the database of medical cards will be compared to the database of CCW permits. GARY.
Didn't Nikki Fried say she has a medical pot and CCW?
:?:
Yes, but like Miami JBT said, the state says you can have both, but the Fed’s say you can’t. A few months ago, at a show, a guy said “I’ll take that gun” & I said “great, sit down here, start filling out the 4473, & give me your DL, & CCW permit”. He gave me his DL, & MMJ card. I showed Ira, & he said “sorry pal, I can’t sell you anything”. The Florida CCW, & MMJ card looked quite similar. GARY.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

The funny thing is, a CCW and a MJ are fine since having both means you don't automatically possess either item.

Fried is crazy since she's pushing both. But honestly, Constitutional Carry, Private Sales, and a Second Amendment Sanctuary resolve this issue.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

Miami_JBT wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:55 pm The funny thing is, a CCW and a MJ are fine since having both means you don't automatically possess either item.

Fried is crazy since she's pushing both. But honestly, Constitutional Carry, Private Sales, and a Second Amendment Sanctuary resolve this issue.
She is not sincerely pushing CWPs--it is part of her statutory gig, so that is why she flashes one. Remember way back when Kirsten Gillebrand was highly rated by the NRA--then she got more power and turned completely. Fried will put that to shame at the first opportunity.

But there is nothing per se illegal about having a CWP and a MM card. You can have a CWP and not own (or even possess) a gun, and the same with a MM card and weed. The cards signify statutory rights you have qualified for, that's it. They are not legal evidence of anything beyond that.

However, when actual guns and actual weed mix, there are problems due the idiocy of the federal laws. This is problem for us all, but particularly for our vets, many of whom can benefit from MM for pain and PTSD. If the NRA, GOA, VFW, AL, etc., had genuine principles they would be fighting tooth and nail to get marijuana de-scheduled. But they are all in the clutches of people with other agendas, so don't count on it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tector wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:26 pm But there is nothing per se illegal about having a CWP and a MM card. You can have a CWP and not own (or even possess) a gun, and the same with a MM card and weed. The cards signify statutory rights you have qualified for, that's it. They are not legal evidence of anything beyond that.
Correct, it only becomes a problem when buying a firearm from a FFL. Question 21E, the bottom question on page one of the current 4473 basically asks if you smoke pot, & if the purchaser answers yes, we can’t complete the sale. And due to current MMJ laws some states have adopted, goes to explain even if you are legally buying weed with a MMJ card, it’s still illegal on the federal level, & we can’t complete the sale. GARY