Another Stand Your Ground Shooting Rejected

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:10 pm
Skoll wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Does this apply to armed government agents?
https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/polic ... index.html
I'm sorry, I fail to see how the disproportionate preferential treatment cops get in the legal system have anything to do with a store owner that shot someone who wasn't threatening him or a danger, in cold blood. Try again, please.
If the store owner was a cop, a member of the protected class, he’d be 50% less liable to see a jury, statistically speaking, for this crime. They get away with murder as a matter of routine.
The store owner in question is a regular knot-head and not an armed agent of the state, therefore facing the full force of the law.
There exists two levels of law and justice in this country, and unless you’re a g-man, you’re just fodder for the judicial system.
Ok, but once again, two separate and distinct issues. The store owner was not a cop so none of that applies. I understand you see it as unfair (and life really is unfair), but just randomly going into a rage that this guy won't get treated as lightly as cops do for murder people doesn't change the fact that he murdered someone. Two wrongs don't make a right.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Ok, carry on...