New ATF reg’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I’m ashamed to say when one takes the concealed course at the WPB show, the only bullet one fires is from an air gun in the empty trailer they use to bring their tables to the show. When I worked at the WPB SS store, the students went on the range, & each shot ten rounds [real guns, & bullets] which was above, & beyond what the Gov’t required.
Ashamed? Why?

It's a stupid law, anyway. What does firing one round or ten or fifty prove?

I can usually watch someone pick up a gun and handle it, and tell whether I'm comfortable enough to sign off that they have "safely discharged a firearm".

You could hand people a permit for just passing a background check, or do without permits entirely. They do this in many states.

The training requirement is a joke and always will be.

Idiots with training are still just trained idiots. People who are ignorant will seek training if they're not comfortable carrying. The requirement is useless.
George W

Post by George W »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:05 pm
Ashamed? Why?

It's a stupid law, anyway. What does firing one round or ten or fifty prove?

I can usually watch someone pick up a gun and handle it, and tell whether I'm comfortable enough to sign off that they have "safely discharged a firearm".

You could hand people a permit for just passing a background check, or do without permits entirely. They do this in many states.

The training requirement is a joke and always will be.

Idiots with training are still just trained idiots. People who are ignorant will seek training if they're not comfortable carrying. The requirement is useless.
Agreed. Plus, what other enumerated right is subject to a test before exercising? Training is a great idea. Mandating training before being allowed to carry a gun ranks right up there with a poll tax.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:05 pm Ashamed? Why? It's a stupid law, anyway. What does firing one round or ten or fifty prove?
They use a plastic air gun. Can you tell with that? GARY
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I can tell if their finger is off the trigger, and the muzzle is in a safe direction with a squirt gun.

Like 20 states allow people to carry without a permit. Can you tell with that?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

wjbarricklow wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:49 pm
I can tell if their finger is off the trigger, and the muzzle is in a safe direction with a squirt gun.

Like 20 states allow people to carry without a permit. Can you tell with that?
Nope. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

I believe it's 25. If permitless carry passes in FL, we'll make it a majority of states.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”