If enough senators challenge the election results, Trump wins

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Might as well burn the Constitution along with our voter registration cards.
Whose side are they on, anyway?
(I hear that Georgia sun is blood red and going down...)
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Well, that went about as smooth as I expected.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

dammitgriff wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:55 pm Might as well burn the Constitution along with our voter registration cards.
Actually, that's pretty close to a "reform" I'd like to see. I'd actually like to see the entire voter registration roles in each state wiped out, forcing everyone to "re-register" brand new. In fact, I think it should be done every 4 years. And ID should be required to re-register (like DL, etc.). That will go a long way in cleaning up the records/files.

2nd Reform - Eliminate "mass mail in" ballots. Ballots should only be mailed to voters who request them. This would include "absentee" "Military" and those who don't want to go to the polling place to vote for whatever reason. I'd even like to see some kind of on-line or phone ap that would accomplish the same goal but, at the same time, preserve voter integrity.

Fat chance any of that will happen with the dems in control.
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:00 am
dammitgriff wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:55 pm Might as well burn the Constitution along with our voter registration cards.
Actually, that's pretty close to a "reform" I'd like to see. I'd actually like to see the entire voter registration roles in each state wiped out, forcing everyone to "re-register" brand new. In fact, I think it should be done every 4 years. And ID should be required to re-register (like DL, etc.). That will go a long way in cleaning up the records/files.

2nd Reform - Eliminate "mass mail in" ballots. Ballots should only be mailed to voters who request them. This would include "absentee" "Military" and those who don't want to go to the polling place to vote for whatever reason. I'd even like to see some kind of on-line or phone ap that would accomplish the same goal but, at the same time, preserve voter integrity.

Fat chance any of that will happen with the dems in control.
The only people that should get "mail in ballots" are active military who are deployed and people with documented physical disabilities who can't physically go to the polls.

Outside of that, if you are too lazy or afraid to go to physically vote, the hell with you.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

The only people that should get "mail in ballots" are active military who are deployed and people with documented physical disabilities who can't physically go to the polls.
Who fills out the ballots in nursing homes?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

An "aide" or nurse assistant. Some may or may not take it upon themselves to try to "do good" with it.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

kayakingsteve wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Outside of that, if you are too lazy or afraid to go to physically vote, the hell with you.
Fuck that. Vote by mail is the best thing that's happened to voting since term limits. I've done it in every election since we legalized it in Florida. I used to have to get a sample ballot ahead of time, figure out which items I applied to my precinct, sit down and do my research on candidates/issues, fill in the sample ballot to take with me, and then get hassled by some shitbag at the polls about my sample ballot and explain that it's not a real ballot. Now I can sit in front of my computer one evening, research, fill in, drop off at the polls (I don't trust the USPS to deliver it on time).

I don't know about your AO, but in mine the lines are consistently an hour+ wait (I once stood in line for 4+ hours), mostly outside, in the late October heat. I'd have to take the morning off to vote, so I could shower and change before I could go to meetings. My wife missed half the elections from 2000-2016 because she had to work 8-8 on the day. "Too lazy or afraid"? Fuck right off with that bullshit. Most of us don't live in rural/wealthy area's where we can just walk right in and cast a ballot on lunch break. Twits like you insist on in person voting, and then bitch about how disorganized and sketchy the process is in all the major cities. Like that shit isn't a natural consequence of trying to push a million+ people through a couple dozen buildings in one day. That barely organized chaos is also what gives unscrupulous poll workers the opportunity to fuck with things.

The only issues with Vote by mail are the lack of signature verification and the delayed results. Both of which are primarily caused by you people insisting that they not be processed until the day of.

I would agree that only active military who are deployed and people with documented physical disabilities should be allowed to send them by mail, everyone else should have to use a maned drop box, to ensure there is no harvesting or ballot dumps.

After that change, I say we make absentee voting the default. Let them process them as they arrive. Make it a felony with a 90day MMS for a poll worker to process a ballot without verifying the signature. Let them call folks to "cure" the ballot if the signature doesn't match (most peoples signatures change over time). This would actually add another layer of security to the process as it would weed out fraudulent ballots cast in someone else's name. And let candidates have poll watchers from the drop box to the counting room. It would be way more secure, efficient, and orderly than our current system of voting. With the added benefit of recouping the millions of man hours wasted waiting in line to vote.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

<<<Quote>>> Fuck that. Vote by mail is the best thing that's happened to voting since term limits. I've done it in every election since we legalized it in Florida. I used to have to get a sample ballot ahead of time, figure out which items I applied to my precinct, sit down and do my research on candidates/issues, fill in the sample ballot to take with me, and then get hassled by some shitbag at the polls about my sample ballot and explain that it's not a real ballot. Now I can sit in front of my computer one evening, research, fill in, drop off at the polls (I don't trust the USPS to deliver it on time). <<<END Quote>>>

I read what you have to say, and after some thought I totally disagree. The snowflakes of the world are who mail-in-ballots cater too. This last election Trump had a lead in several states only to have it reversed overnight by the mail-in-ballot count. Was it fraud, or were almost all of the people afraid to vote in person puss@es (read democrats)? Either way we need to get rid of it. Elections that involve humans will always have fraud, but at least in-person voting limits the types of fraud that are possible. Outside of documented physical disability or overseas deployed military, NO MAIL IN BALLOTS.

Agree, disagree, I don't care. I see snowflakes/fraud being the harvest from mail-in ballots, and neither one is welcome in my world. I'm moving on from this conversation because I have a very low opinion of everything and almost everyone in this country lately and it's getting lower by the day, and I like the fact that I can get away from that on this board (usually).

So you and I need not speak any more about this (or anything else). I'm out of this discussion.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Inflation is a bitch. I wonder how many mail-in ballots will be pre-printed up for 2024?
2022’s mid-term election isn’t looking good, either.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

If a citizen does not have the fortitude to go to the polls then maybe that citizen isn't.
Voting in the U.S.A. is way too easy.