New ATF rules for dealer transfers at gun shows.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

New ATF rules for dealer transfers at gun shows.

Post by N4KVE »

This weekend I worked the West Palm Beach gun show for Gun Country. Bill, the show promoter told us first thing Saturday morning that there would be new rules for people without CCW's purchasing guns from out of town dealers. Ira's shop is in Ft. Lauderdale. If someone w/o a permit wants to buy a gun, he asks them if they want to pick up the gun at his shop in Ft. Lauderdale after the 5 day waiting period, or get it from a local Palm Beach dealer who is doing the transfers for all the FFL's at the show. Most elect to pick it up at the local dealer, & pay the $10 transfer fee. Up until this weekend, the purchaser would fill out the 4473 at the selling dealer, pay for the gun, & pick it up at the local dealer. At the end of the show, all selling dealers from out of town would deliver the guns with the matching 4473's to the local dealer. No more. Now when someone makes a purchase w/o a CCW, we ask what they want to do, & if they want to pick up the gun at the local dealer, they do NOT fill out the 4473 at the selling dealer. They pay for the gun, get the receipt, & Ira's wife walks them over to the dealer who will be making the delivery, & they fill out the 4473 there to start the clock on the 5 day wait. They then go to the store after the wait, sign the 4473, & pick up the gun. Why you may ask? It appears when the local FFL makes the delivery, & signs the 4473, he is attesting that he saw the purchaser fill out the 4473. Well he never did, as the 4473 was filled out at the selling FFL's table. So the ATF is correcting this error, & the 4473 gets filled out in front of the dealer who will be delivering the gun in 5 days. Not a big deal in Broward, or Palm Beach, where most purchasers have a CCW. But Miami will be madness, as 50% of purchasers do not have a CCW. Warrior Gun Range who does the transfers there will be jam packed with people who bought guns from out of town dealers waiting to fill out the 4473's right after their purchase. That & "No Habla". GARY
Last edited by N4KVE on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Gotta love a government that makes it as difficult as possible to conduct private transactions of private property between two private citizens.
I wish we could abolish the ATF and demand better legislation from our state government.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The last thing we need is more “help” from any level of government. New legislation is only more trouble by the time the clowns get through with it (after playing up to whatever mob appears to offer the most votes, a la Scott).
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

While I don’t disagree with you, my point is that state-level government is preferable to central government for the purpose of controlling it.
Washington, D.C. has no constitutional authority to regulate anything inside state lines. I guess we’ve forgotten how to say no to the mob in the capital.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I always wondered how much of a pain the normal 3 day thing was with gun shows.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

zeebaron wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:52 pm I always wondered how much of a pain the normal 3 day thing was with gun shows.
5 days down here. Any firearm. GARY
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Good old Ira.... how's he doing? Haven't seen him in a while.

Anyways. From what I recall, that is standard and hasn't really. It is a transfer. No different than ordering from Buds and having it shipped.

The 4473 and background has to be at the time when the buyer will take possession if the firearm. It isn't at the show.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:48 am Good old Ira.... how's he doing? Haven't seen him in a
IRA is winding things down. He’s been talking about retiring for a few years now, but I think 2019 will be his last year. He’s 79 by the way. Still as grouchy as ever. LOL. GARY.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

dammitgriff wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:04 pm Gotta love a government that makes it as difficult as possible to conduct private transactions of private property between two private citizens.
What is this "private property" you speak of? The twisted Libiturd Gooberment view has been transformed that everything is the to redistribute and the gooberment lets you use temporarily a small portion of what you think you own. Private Property has gone the way of plastic straws.

Forgive me, for I am starting to look at my 2019 federal taxes. I remember a few years ago I actually figured out how much the gooberment steals from me. Figure in all "fees" FICA, SS, Medicare Taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, utility taxes, cell phone fees, licenses, and all the other little things they steal from us and I found out I was just under 60% of my gross income the gooberment were stealing from me!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Yes, precisely. They steal about half our wealth from us in aggregate. You only start seeing your fortunes build once you’re able to afford a CPA or finance firm to leverage the tax loopholes to your advantage. Think: the upper 10% of all U.S. households.
https://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html?fullweb=1