New Parkland Vid Shows Peterson Hiding During Shooting

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
BerettaRacer

New Parkland Vid Shows Peterson Hiding During Shooting

Post by BerettaRacer »

New video shows school cop Scot Peterson hiding as gunman shoots Parkland students

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-vi ... li=BBnb7Kz

As reported by Sun Sentinel during hearings, but of course no link to vid yet.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Not all cops are cowards or heroes.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

After this, I dont understand what they're trying to do with the guy.
Peterson was allowed to resign with full pension.
Charge him with being a chickenshit pussy?

They should have held off on letting him him quit and then figured out some way to fook him out of the pension.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

TC6969 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:39 am After this, I dont understand what they're trying to do with the guy.
Peterson was allowed to resign with full pension.
Charge him with being a chickenshit pussy?

They should have held off on letting him him quit and then figured out some way to fook him out of the pension.
Given that the first responders from BSO also stayed outside, I don't think they are trying to shine a light on anything.
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

A pox upon you all. The horseman has come leaving a trail of death, grief and unspeakable sorrow. Yet, like carrion feeders you gorge on the putrid decay of broken dreams and crushed lives. There is NOTHING to be gained by this subpoena except a chance to wrap yourselves in the cloak of righteous indignation and vilify the deputy in person. There is no insight he can offer to ameliorate the situation. Do you really think any body cares what he thought? They certainly didn't seven months ago. He was judged and banished without recourse. I'm not here to defend the deputy. He made his decisions and will have to live with them.

Many own guns; a few are trained in their care and use; fewer are trained in combat at perhaps ten paces or less. Even fewer will ever have to face the reality of personal, intimate life or death combat. Nonetheless, the world is full of self appointed critics and would be heroes who profess what he should have done or what they would have done. None of whom ever shit their pants and had to keep moving forward. I would like to think I know what I might have done, but I wasn't there. I will keep my own counsel.

There is one reality the Sun Sentinel did put forth. After reviewing visual and audio tapes,the paper concluded that there was approximately a thirty four second window during which IF the deputy entered the building, immediately and correctly determined the exact location of the unknown shooter, bounded up the stairs to the third floor and confronted the shooter, he MIGHT have made a difference. Of course they don't mention that nobody knew for sure how many shooters were active with what types of weapons and where the students might be in relation to the shooter. They don't consider that the deputy armed with a hand gun might engage the shooter in crowded hallways. They don't consider the very real prospect of collateral damage. Try this headline: deputy kills student but saves hundreds. How will that look in the community? The media creates the circus and defines the narrative. The actions of the police are simply soft metal to be hammered into the necessary narrative. If you doubt that consider the officer in Ferguson even after "hands up don't shoot" was proven a lie.

This is a tragedy. Lives have been lost; families have been torn apart; people's lives have been changed forever. Our hearts break for those involved. When does the healing begin? When do we forsake the chains of anger and vitriol? When do we stop rising to the bait of bitterness and politics?
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

I know we're beating a dead horse here, but if he didn't know where the shots were coming from, why did he point up to the second or third floor?
Now, in his defense, he could be telling the other officer to go in that direction and he'll stay put. We'll never know. That's between him and his God.
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Don’t be a cop for a school unless your willing to die for the students you are hired to protect. Full stop, get a different occupation if it’s just for the money. I’m not saying I’m Rambo and would win that fight but if I choose that job, I’d know that responsibility is absolute and would be taken seriously.

It’s pretty simple, His inaction left students to fend for themselves and die without hope of rescue. Even if he got there late, he could have provided medical help to injured students and possibly saved them from bleeding out. Setting his failure as an example publicly will hopefully allow current school resource officers know what is at stake when they abandon their students. So hopefully more students are saved by them.

There have been several examples of police officers running toward school shooters and trying to defend their students regardless of the cost of danger. They put him to shame.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-The-Su ... t-citizens

Yes fellow FSNers the legal system says the police haven't a duty to protect anyone.
We are the ONLY ones responsible for OUR safety.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Rchrd.miranda wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:14 pm A pox upon you all. The horseman has come leaving a trail of death, grief and unspeakable sorrow. Yet, like carrion feeders you gorge on the putrid decay of broken dreams and crushed lives. There is NOTHING to be gained by this subpoena except a chance to wrap yourselves in the cloak of righteous indignation and vilify the deputy in person. There is no insight he can offer to ameliorate the situation. Do you really think any body cares what he thought? They certainly didn't seven months ago. He was judged and banished without recourse. I'm not here to defend the deputy. He made his decisions and will have to live with them.

Many own guns; a few are trained in their care and use; fewer are trained in combat at perhaps ten paces or less. Even fewer will ever have to face the reality of personal, intimate life or death combat. Nonetheless, the world is full of self appointed critics and would be heroes who profess what he should have done or what they would have done. None of whom ever shit their pants and had to keep moving forward. I would like to think I know what I might have done, but I wasn't there. I will keep my own counsel.

There is one reality the Sun Sentinel did put forth. After reviewing visual and audio tapes,the paper concluded that there was approximately a thirty four second window during which IF the deputy entered the building, immediately and correctly determined the exact location of the unknown shooter, bounded up the stairs to the third floor and confronted the shooter, he MIGHT have made a difference. Of course they don't mention that nobody knew for sure how many shooters were active with what types of weapons and where the students might be in relation to the shooter. They don't consider that the deputy armed with a hand gun might engage the shooter in crowded hallways. They don't consider the very real prospect of collateral damage. Try this headline: deputy kills student but saves hundreds. How will that look in the community? The media creates the circus and defines the narrative. The actions of the police are simply soft metal to be hammered into the necessary narrative. If you doubt that consider the officer in Ferguson even after "hands up don't shoot" was proven a lie.

This is a tragedy. Lives have been lost; families have been torn apart; people's lives have been changed forever. Our hearts break for those involved. When does the healing begin? When do we forsake the chains of anger and vitriol? When do we stop rising to the bait of bitterness and politics?
Go F yourself.

I don't expect anyone with a badge to be superman, but I expect them to do more than hide, especially if they are detailed to a school specifically to protect it. Too much to ask? Fine get another job.

I know more than a few people who aren't even cops, who would have gone in if they knew somebody was shooting kids. I've done some stupid shit for people I didn't even know.
photohause

Post by photohause »

A pox upon you all. The horseman has come leaving a trail of death, grief and unspeakable sorrow. Yet, like carrion feeders you gorge on the putrid decay of broken dreams and crushed lives.

Seriously - WTF is with you?!?!?! Certainly not civility

“You didn’t finish school, did you?