That was disappointing

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Gregg

That was disappointing

Post by Gregg »

I just contacted my Florida State Senator's office (Tom Wright, Dist 14) and found out the special session DeSantis called is to consider exactly one issue; the redistricting of the state because of the extra seat in the US House of Representative, Florida picked up as result of the last census.
Constitutional Carry will not be addressed in this Special Session of Florida's Legislature.
Talk about disappointment.
In other words, DeSantis has NOT called a Special Session for Constitutional Carry.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Here’s an honest question. Should this CC be approved, wouldn’t people still need a CWP to take home the gun they just purchased without having to wait the 5 days? You’d be amazed how many cops I sell guns to who don’t have a CWP, & get royally pi$$ed when I tell them they have to wait 5 days to take their gun home. Just happened again this past Sunday. GARY
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

And some other questions like:

1) If they actually passed constitutional carry, what do you think would happen to all those "no guns allowed" signs? They'd suddenly acquire the "force of law" as they do in Texas. And there'd be a heck of a lot more of them popping up. This is not something we want right now.

2) Would you not still want a CWFL to have reciprocity in other states?

I'm not going to lose sleep if they don't do Constitutional carry, here. I'd rather they do the other things I've mentioned, elsewhere.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:19 pm And some other questions like:

1) If they actually passed constitutional carry, what do you think would happen to all those "no guns allowed" signs? They'd suddenly acquire the "force of law" as they do in Texas. And there'd be a heck of a lot more of them popping up. This is not something we want right now.

2) Would you not still want a CWFL to have reciprocity in other states?

I'm not going to lose sleep if they don't do Constitutional carry, here. I'd rather they do the other things I've mentioned, elsewhere.
Exactly, be careful, very careful what you wish for. Not only all of what is mentioned above, think about the long term effects of handing every idiot you know unfettered legal ablity to carry their "lugar". And yes there is a large segment of a certian demographic that calls any 9mm a Luger because it's what is written on the cartridge box. You think law enforcement is nervous now, think about when said idiots are packing their "lugers" everywhere.
Now think about how the Feds could interpret CC in national parks and federal lands. If they wanted to dissect the law they wrote for permit holders to carry in those places to no permits being issued. Would they want to make you instant felons for carrying while hiking because they found themselves a nice little loop hole to do so? Would you want to be the test case?
The system we have in place now has worked out very well for Florida. Those of us who have CWPs have been proven to be the most law abiding demographic in the country. We have a permit(yes, I know we shouldn't have to but it is what it is) that's recognized by dozens of other states and was the first of it's kind. Sort of the gold standard of what it is and it costs less than a couple of double wopper value meals at Burger King per year.
Your permit also covers weapons, now just pistols. Daggers, auto knives, mace and a varied of other weapons are covered under the permit. CC would just be about what they would decide what "arms" mean.
Like said there is much bigger fish to fry than CC. First one I can think of is have the state whittle down the NFA list in Florida. Do like Kansas did and make suppressors into just another accessory. Or SBRs just like any other rifle. Kick Joe Bidens ban on carrying in schools and universities to the curb.