Cop Shoots UNARMED 17-Year-Old While Eating A Burger

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Cop Shoots UNARMED 17-Year-Old While Eating A Burger

Post by lakelandman »

Talk about a bad shooting altogether if the kid lives he will get a fat check.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

He tried to assault the officer with cholesterol!
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

The officer being a rookie and not passing his probation period yet, must have slept thru most of his training.

His life is ended. Dept won't represent him legally, fired him so now he is facing criminal and civil suits and will have to pay for lawyers out of pocket.

Might as well find a cliff and jump off.
Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher »

from what I read the other day, the kid tried to run over the cop after being told to get out of the car.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Nah, I don't see that at all. Watch the video: Officer spooks the kid, kid turns the wheel left (which allows him to back up AWAY from the cop) and hits the gas. The door hits the cop, yes, but he's not trying to run him over from appearances. In this case I think the former officer done phucked up.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Gotta agree with Wakko on that.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Doesn't need a go fund me acct because the check they will get from taxpayers will be millions.
Not to mention the civil suit the former cop will get jacketed with for the rest of his life unless he was smart and took out a personal liability policy after becoming a cop.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

It's almost impossible for the cop to face a civil lawsuit. The department will pay up, and the taxpayers will foot the bill. In practice, qualified immunity is almost absolute immunity.

Besides, who has the money to actually pay out? An unemployable former cop getting out of prison? Or a local government that can pull an indefinite amount of money from its taxpayers?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

This brings up something I’ve often wondered about. If someone is arrested on criminal charges, he’s read his Miranda rights where he’s told if he can’t afford a lawyer, he’ll get a public defender for free. But what if someone is sued in Civil Court, & is unemployed, has $10 in the bank, lives with a relative rent free, & has a 20 year old beater to drive, so he can’t afford a lawyer. Does he just show up in court, & tell the judge he doesn’t have the $ to hire a lawyer, & he has no assets to lose should he receive a million $ judgement against him? What happens next? GARY.