President Trump - assassination attempt

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

President Trump - assassination attempt

Post by flcracker »

Bringing to the front of a fresh thread with an easy-to-search subject line this excellent analysis covering the breakdown of security, lack of overwatch, delayed response, and how events both large and small combine to create unlikely outcomes despite the odds.

https://x.com/realErikDPrince/status/18 ... 0931642534
Hopefully after the tragedy yesterday in Butler PA we can all recognize that unaccountable bloated bureaucracies continue to fail us as Americans.

Donald J Trump is alive today solely due to a bad wind estimate by an evil would be assasin.

As the graphics show the full value wind of just 5mph was enough to displace the unconfirmed but likely light 55 grain bullet two inches from DJT's intended forehead to his ear.

DJT was not saved by USSS brilliance. The fact that USSS allowed a rifle armed shooter within 150yds to a preplanned event is either malice or massive incompetence. Clearly there was adequate uncontrolled dead space for a shooter to move into position and take multiple aimed shots. Watching the newsreel one can hear how proximate the shooter is by the very short time lapse between the crack of arriving bullet (supersonic) to the boom of muzzle blast (sonic).

The law enforcement sniper (unclear if USSS) in newsreels was clearly overwhelmed as his face came off his rifle instead of doing his job to kill the shooter. Clearly they were watching the shooter but apparently have a no "first shot" policy. The only positive action was an apparent 488yd shot by one USSS sniper which despatched the assasin but after the assassin launched at least 5 rounds, wounding DJT and killing and severely others in the crowd.

In my old business of providing Diplomatic Security in two active war zones we were expected to execute the basics or we would be fired. Clearly USSS failed at the basics of a secure perimeter and once shots were fired their extraction was clumsy and left DJT highly exposed to follow on attacks. It looked like they had never drilled together because those responses should be effectively autonomic. Will there be accountability? That's not the Washington way.

Unserious and unworthy people in positions of authority got us to this near disaster. Merit and execution must be the only deciding factors in hiring and leadership, not the social engineering priority of the day. Sadly nothing in Washington reflects that any longer. DJT is right to question the competence of those protecting him because yesterday they failed in almost every way. Nature abhors a vacuum and there are always other options.
Most importantly, as Americans let's come together and run a proper valid election so we can get back to what matters a merit based society that judges on character and skill. Nothing else.
Last edited by flcracker on Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Random thoughts.....

• the number of left-leaning whackos on FB and other social media claiming that this was staged is appalling to me

• the idea that a rooftop overlooking the venue was not secured is appalling to me

• I am very much looking forward to see an accurate diagram showing the shot lines of each of the peretrator's rounds and the counter-snipers' return fire

• I'm wondering if the bullet that nicked President Trump's ear was the same round that took out the hydraulic cylinder on the forklift holding the PA equipment

• the photo showing the trace of the bullet just after it passed through President Trump's ear just before he realized that he had been hit is one of the most amazing photographs I've seen in years

• God bless President Trump 🙏
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
neonnight34609

Post by neonnight34609 »

i will throw in my 2 cents. Lots of things went wrong, i do agree with you. All them rooftops should have been covered and or had snipers on them. That would have given a triangle to the stage and all areas would have been covered. Why was the ladder not removed? Surely the area was looked over before the rally, or was it? Why are they not using drones at these events? i heard the Secret Service say they would love to have all these events to be held indoors, but that would limit the number of people, and we all know big rallies make for good TV. doesn't matter what party was on that stage it should have never happened, especially in this day and age. I'm sure the wind had something to do with it, but also trump is pretty laminated and always moving. If he didn't turn his head, the outcome would have been much different. Unfortunately, we are always going to have the conspiracy theory people. Hell, there were fireworks going off in my neighborhood right after it happened. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but i think not.
Common sense isn't so common these days
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tector

Post by tector »

Even assuming there shouldn't have been LE on those rooftops (which there definitely should have been), there should have been surveillance drones hovering over those rooftops. Then within 5 seconds of them seeing somebody heading up there they should have Trump down and covered up. Period. You are not going to convince me otherwise, so don't try. This is 2024 for Christ's sake. We have much more advanced tech than in the 20th century--but we also have a true competency crisis as to the human element, almost across the board. That's what failed here.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Our government as well as all medium to large companies have more important things to be concerned with.

DEI

No one wants to discuss how we (Trump) were lucky he wasn't shot by and incompetent DEI SS agent who displayed honorific gun handling. I am not saying she had bad intent. I am saying her incompetence could have done what the assassin failed to do

But not only are we plagued by DEI we can not dare to mention it when it causes failures that could have been avoided

Anyone remember when Boeing's CEO stated DEI was their number one priority? How is that going?
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

This extended post by Sean Davis of The Federalist recaps the numerous...issues...so far.

https://x.com/seanmdav/status/1813245438713004174
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

The photos posted above imply that in addition to the firefighter killed in the stands just behind PresDJT, the two injured spectators were in different viewing stands to the left and right of the intended target. The hydraulic lift seems to have been in such an alignment that the bullet that pierced the President's ear could plausibly be the same bullet that hit the hydraulic lift. That means there were at least three other shots fired by the attempted assassin: one that killed the firefighter, one that injured a spectator in the viewing stand to Trump's left, and one that injured a spectator in the viewing stand to Trump's right. The one to his right seems to have lost quite a bit of blood. Four shots, at a minimum. Do we know yet how many shots are being reported as having been fired?

I'm still waiting to see a diagram of what shots hit whom/when/where/trajectory (including the hydraulics on the lift) - all of the attempted assassin's shots, all of the counter-sniper shots, locations of all of the shooting victims, the tree blocking the line of sight from the one turkeyneck CS, the unobstructed line of sight from the CS that returned effective/accurate fire, etc.. Were there any attempted assassin's shots that don't line up with the injured/killed? No lead flying in either direction from the water tower?

This information might reveal circumstances/actions that we've not been told yet.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Odd, I have not heard the Kommies call for more gun control!

Kommies are fine with guns as long as the guns do the Kommie's bidding...
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!