Obviously, good luck to all affected

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:37 pm
George W wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:24 am I'm right along I-4 in Eastern Hillsborough County. We were looking at getting worst case wind, but the track has moved this to being worst case rain with a bunch of wind. We're as prepped as can be. My generator and backup generator are all set. Food, fuel, and security in place. My house is almost 80 and seen some shit in that time, so I have high hopes for the old girl.

My biggest concern is always power. TECO really sucks balls in my neighborhood. We lose power a lot, even for the usual summer storms. Big storms usually mean 3 to 10 days of no power. I have enough propane and gas for 7 days of 24/7 use.

Once this passes, I'll be looking for more propane, so if you have some old tanks you want rid of, let me know.
And... We're in the dark already. F@cking TECO. The highest gust we've had so far has been 32 mph, and we've only gotten about an inch of rain so far. When the power went out, it wasn't raining or windy. Oh well, we're set in for the long haul now. Generator is running.

Y'all have fun. If you can't be safe, be dangerous.
My sister justed reported in from Tampa (she lives maybe 10 minutes north of TPA), her power is out now, too.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Woke up about 1.5 hours ago. Other than the standard twigs/leaves falling off, all of the infrastructure seems to be in tact. All the fencing is in tact.

The one major thing was that the storm sewer drains backed up in the front of the cul-de-sac. So you see this ring of water all around the cul-de-sac. In my case, it just touches the edge of the driveway. For others (those closer to the sewer drain), the water is up the outer edge of the driveway.

Later on this morning, I'll go out and inspect the back yard and see how far the "dry" river bed crested up to my retaining wall. But, so far, it would appear we did dodge a bullet.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I did well, seems like it was less than advertised. I am fine with being overly prepared

Good test for my solar inverters. That is a blessing. I have gas for when I need to put them out with panels to recharge but I am sold on these

In Lakewood Park Ft Pierce my daughter got 2 tornadoes on her property and a flash flood. Destroyed most of her trees and the water came up to the carport. That area was slammed with twisters.
Across the canal to her east a trailer park was decimated.
She has lots of their debri. Her house may have some minor roof damage. She last power yesterday at 4PM.
She said when the water came up and the second twister hit if she got anymore she would be in trouble.
A father cringes at such talk (Can not leave and help) She did not get any more after that and last I heard she is fine

My power went out at 1:17 and it just this minute came back on. I am on the grid line of the police/fire and high school so by luck I am high priority
CDI

Post by CDI »

Lost power at midnight in LaBelle. Ran my fridge on my Eco flow with no issues. Power back on at 915am. I definitely want to pick up another solar generator. No damage to the house or surrounding area. Just palm leaves and twigs everywhere.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

I got lucky- I got straddled on each side with major tornadoes. The one east of us messed up a lot of houses in the neighborhood. Lost power around d 2 am and got it back at about 9 which is great. Couple bushes leaning and branches down but all good besides that!
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

All good in the Pines! Couple of twigs down but that's about it!
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Minor wind damage here in Hernando county. No power still otherwise generally ok, thankfully.

Prayers for those who got thunderfucked by this one...
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

We got lucky in N FLA - no impact - but a couple of beautiful fall days.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Power was out here in Mosquito County for about 18 hours. DeSantis did fantastic!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

4:30 Thursday 10/10 and there was minimal impact here in Miami. Occasional power outages overnight that lasted a few seconds at a time. There was a fair bit of wind, but hardly any rain so none of the flooding we were worried about.
My posts kill threads.