Any hunting lease available in Ocala/Gainesville area?

rug357

Any hunting lease available in Ocala/Gainesville area?

Post by rug357 »

Anybody know of any private hunting lease in Ocala/Fainesville area? Not looking for big money place. Just a place to hunt hogs occasionally and place to plink. Living in South Fl I doubt I’ll be using it too much as 4-5 hour drive gets old real quick
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

If you're interested...

I've been organizing/motivating a (small) group of buddies/investors to purchase 100 ~ 200 acres somewhere centrally located. The property would be divvied up like a time share, with each person reserving their week(s) in advance.

During the days/weeks it's not being used by a shareholder, it would be leased out to hunters. (This hopefully would pay for taxes, insurance and maintenance).

Now for the interesting part...there would be no selling out, and as each shareholder passes away, their shares get divided up amongst the remaining parties. Last man standing takes it all (just be sure not to go hunting with any shareholders...lol).

I'm thinking buy-in would be around $50k ~ $70k each.

Lemme no.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tector

Post by tector »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 4:16 pm

Now for the interesting part...there would be no selling out, and as each shareholder passes away, their shares get divided up amongst the remaining parties. Last man standing takes it all (just be sure not to go hunting with any shareholders...lol).

I'm thinking buy-in would be around $50k ~ $70k each.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tontine
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Cool! That'll be the name of the Trust..."Tontine".
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -